Who else is...

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
That is a pretty rough shift to be working! You will get it down, your consistency has been very admirable thoughout this thread and and often that is what keeps people heading back to the gym!
Yeah it's hard figuring out. I was so used to be home by 5 cook dinner. kids to bed by 8 then go work out. But hard to get motivated to workout at 11pm. Then be wound up from work I cant sleep till 2-3am and not up till 10-11 am.

Definitely been rough trying to figure it out. But soon here I'll be off that shift told my boss I cant do it anymore either give me part time with to normal mid shift and two closes or find me a morning 5am-1pm slot. Or I quit in august. So he is working hard to figure something out.

Been hard on my family as well as I go 3 days were I dont see my kids or wife and then weekends I seem them for 2 hours a day and the mondays I get to see my kids all day.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
life is stranger than fiction. i get to see my mom in the hospital today on my way to my grandfathers funeral. good times.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
It’s Daddy Day care this weekend which means one long workout while the girls nap today! May wear a weighted pack while I mow the lawn for some extra cardio.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Changed my macros to 45%P 30%F 25%C today in an effort to preserve the muscle I have, help with recovery a little more and gain a little more strength. I seeked counsel from a nutritionist as I hit 50 this year. I was on a 40%P 25%F 35%C for the past two years and while all was fine she said the 5 % more jump in Protein will help better match my age now.

42 days to the archery opener and I'm ready to go today. Keep sweating!!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
It’s Daddy Day care this weekend which means one long workout while the girls nap today! May wear a weighted pack while I mow the lawn for some extra cardio.
I saw a guy with a toddler strapped to his frame pack and trekking poles blowing through Pikes National Forest two weeks ago. I made it a point to yell at him " hey mister" and give him a big thumbs up....." good luck this fall".

Reactions: Timr245

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I saw a guy with a toddler strapped to his frame pack and trekking poles blowing through Pikes National Forest two weeks ago. I made it a point to yell at him " hey mister" and give him a big thumbs up....." good luck this fall".
For the most recent pack review I packed my youngest around in one then. Worked really well.

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Gonna start getting hikes in with a loaded pack, anyone have reservations about using their good pack frames for training? I was simply going to strap a 35lb dumbell to my loaded up pack. I know they’re built for that but I dont wanna put undue wear & tear on my straps etc.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Gonna start getting hikes in with a loaded pack, anyone have reservations about using their good pack frames for training? I was simply going to strap a 35lb dumbell to my loaded up pack. I know they’re built for that but I dont wanna put undue wear & tear on my straps etc.
I broke mine doing this one year in August with maybe 40# in it, glad it broke before season. Got it fixed in time for season, and packed out 6 critters with no issues.
I think you need to give all your gear a good workout before season, don't want to find the weak points when you need it most.

Reactions: Timr245

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
One week ago I needed to lose 4# to be at high school weight. I've been really active and very conscious of what I'm eating, I'm now 3# away, thought it would have been a little more, but the numbers are going the right way. The next 2 week's are going to be tough at work with long days and low activity, but I'm hoping to be 175 the first Monday morning of August.

Good work everyone, keep after it, YOU CAN DO IT!!