Where you hunting this year?

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Maybe this has been discussed, but I haven’t really been on here much this year. 2020 has been quite the year! I was fortunate enough to build my own house, which has been a dream of mine for years. My wife and I welcomed our baby girl last week, which is awesome. As far as hunting, I struck out in Idaho on drawing tags. I would’ve but a general tag, but at the time I found out my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is my hunting partner and has been on every mountain adventure with me. I just couldn’t bring myself to go with out him this year. It’ll be a long road ahead. Hopefully it’s in the cards, and he can hunt the mountains with me next year. With that being said, I’ll just be hunting close to home chasing whitetails. Sorry for the long rant, but I had to get it off my chest.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
congrats on your house and baby girl!
sorry to hear about your dad. I will say some prayers for his recovery.

as I do every year ,I will be hunting idaho. probably more mtns then desert this year.

Reactions: mcseal2

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks man! I’m sure going to miss hunting the mountains this fall. On a good note, where I built my house, I got a stud 10ptr hanging out. Been watching him out the back window in the evenings. So my boys helped me plant a little plot and we set up a ground blind. So they can get a few sits in with me in the blind!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
May add on Colorado deer if I can snag a good leftover.

I looked at the leftover list, it is a lot like Thanksgiving dinner leftovers come Sunday. Not much to pick from but I plan on picking up a muzzle loader bear tag for unit 44 since I have the deer muzzle loader tag for it.

Other than that my hunting partner is having health problems so he is turning in his Utah deer tag tomorrow. I might just pick him up and drive around to fishing holes in our unit. Then if I see a buck that I want to shoot I'll shoot it.

Colorado left over list......

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I looked at the leftover list, it is a lot like Thanksgiving dinner leftovers come Sunday. Not much to pick from but I plan on picking up a muzzle loader bear tag for unit 44 since I have the deer muzzle loader tag for it.

Other than that my hunting partner is having health problems so he is turning in his Utah deer tag tomorrow. I might just pick him up and drive around to fishing holes in our unit. Then if I see a buck that I want to shoot I'll shoot it.

Colorado left over list......

There will be many, many good tags added to that list over the next 3 months. Gotta be quick though.

Reactions: mcseal2 and memtb

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Looks like my bear hunt for Ontario in a month is probably a no go as doesnt seem likely that Canada lifts any restrictions and does another extension.

As for that my dad, brother, and I are going to the UP as a replacement trip. going to visit cooper harbor, do some fishing near Seney, Mi and hit some of the trout rivers near there. Also bringing the shotguns along to grouse and Canadian goose hunt. Making the best of the situation handed to us.

Also be whitetail hunting here in lower michigan this fall.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Maybe this has been discussed, but I haven’t really been on here much this year. 2020 has been quite the year! I was fortunate enough to build my own house, which has been a dream of mine for years. My wife and I welcomed our baby girl last week, which is awesome. As far as hunting, I struck out in Idaho on drawing tags. I would’ve but a general tag, but at the time I found out my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is my hunting partner and has been on every mountain adventure with me. I just couldn’t bring myself to go with out him this year. It’ll be a long road ahead. Hopefully it’s in the cards, and he can hunt the mountains with me next year. With that being said, I’ll just be hunting close to home chasing whitetails. Sorry for the long rant, but I had to get it off my chest.
Saying a prayer for your dad

Reactions: Muley bound

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
California deer tag that took 8 years to draw a X zone.

two Nevada tags one for bull elk and one for deer in a new unit I haven’t hunted before. Looking forward to all 3.

Reactions: bigmoose

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
You can only have one A tag, and only one B tag and a unlimited number of C tags. I believe that just about all C tags are private land tags, and B tags are cow and doe tags. And or combination of the above.

I don't have the guide book in front of me but there is a explanation of them in it
Hey Jim,
Maybe this is what you meant but you can actually get more than one B tag:

Attachments