What's everyone up to?

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I took a vacation day on friday to pick up my son from college. I think this might be his last summer home; he seems confident he will be doing research in the chem lab at school. Or an intership for BP. Im working my tail off getting ready for my daughters high school graduation party. Not much time for fishing, turkeys, or morels.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I took a vacation day on friday to pick up my son from college. I think this might be his last summer home; he seems confident he will be doing research in the chem lab at school. Or an intership for BP. Im working my tail off getting ready for my daughters high school graduation party. Not much time for fishing, turkeys, or morels.
It only happens once...make the most of it. My son is 57 now.

Reactions: buckbull and lukew

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Finally got moved into the house and now we are starting the garage.
Cut a ton of trees (popular) and getting ready to saw them on my portable sawmill (not here yet) for shiplap to cover the garage walls......
Missed the entire turkey season and most of the good bowfishing this year. Hopefully we are up and running 100% by September. Lots to do still and its been a busy spring for sure.

Couple pictures.

Glad to be out of the camper. Been in that thing since Sept 26th of 2020....

This is the last house we will ever build. Next time I move its straight down 6'.......lord have mercy what a PITA...

View attachment 40141
View attachment 40137
View attachment 40138View attachment 40139

Built a ton of these floating shelves as well.
View attachment 40145View attachment 40140
That is a beautiful home!

Reactions: ScottR

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I'll give you guys a fair warning when mine starts to drive. She was driving the side by side across the field yesterday with her friend...

Lord have mercy when she gets a car. She's going to be off my insurance for sure....
My oldest daughter doesn't worry me, its number 2 and 3 that make me scared for other people on the road LOL. Number two dances everywhere and 3 is a crash test dummy most days.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I'll give you guys a fair warning when mine starts to drive. She was driving the side by side across the field yesterday with her friend...

Lord have mercy when she gets a car. She's going to be off my insurance for sure....
My son has been ticketed twice now on the way to school. On the first one he was able to take an online drivers class and put him on probation for 1 year. But he got the second one 6 months later so now we had to get an attorney involved so he doesn't lose his license. 2 tickets before you are 18 ends up with a 2 year suspension (something like that) in illinois. Both tickets were bullshit IMO, 74 in a 70 and 76 in a 70. I've driven that section of interstate hundreds of times and I'm doing 80 and in the slow lane with cars passing me like I'm standing still.

• Wow
Reactions: mallardsx2

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
It only happens once...make the most of it. My son is 57 now.
Agree, it does go so fast... My oldest just took a job in Florida and is moving next month. My wife isn't too keen on him living that far away so my chances of permanently moving further west just got downgraded. My plan is to have my youngest move west so we can have a house on the beach and one in the mountains!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Agree, it does go so fast... My oldest just took a job in Florida and is moving next month. My wife isn't too keen on him living that far away so my chances of permanently moving further west just got downgraded. My plan is to have my youngest move west so we can have a house on the beach and one in the mountains!
That is a great plan!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
My son has been ticketed twice now on the way to school. On the first one he was able to take an online drivers class and put him on probation for 1 year. But he got the second one 6 months later so now we had to get an attorney involved so he doesn't lose his license. 2 tickets before you are 18 ends up with a 2 year suspension (something like that) in illinois. Both tickets were bullshit IMO, 74 in a 70 and 76 in a 70. I've driven that section of interstate hundreds of times and I'm doing 80 and in the slow lane with cars passing me like I'm standing still.
but he was speeding.
can't do the time don't do the crime.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Hoping to get rained out at work tomorrow…my kids got his 5th season turkey tag. If I do get rained out, I’m taking him outta school early and get in an evening hunt in. The poor kid has been turkey hunting for 4 years now and hasn’t gotten a bird. Every time he’s gone out it’s either been raining or blowing snow! This weekend looks decent for weather and I’m still seeing a lot of birds strutting. I sure hope it pans out, that’s all this kid talks about!

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Planning the following hunts that I know I'm doing:

1. Wyoming bull moose
2. Top end Montana deer tag
3. Both NR nephews bull elk hunts in Wyoming.
4. Friend from Illinois drew 2 NR elk tags for WY
5. Getting anxious for annual AK fishing trip with 5 friends, time to restock the freezer with a hundred pounds of filets.

Remainder of draws:

6. Thinking about where to apply for WY pronghorn, 2 cow permits, and deer.
7. Thinking about where to apply for AZ sheep (has to be a Rocky) and late coues deer.
8. Trying to decide if I want to apply for an elk B, pronghorn, and deer b in Montana.

And, hoping my 20 sheep points in NV pay off later today.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Heading up to Upsala, Ontario early tomorrow morning for a group fishing trip. With the late spring, I've been scrambling to get some outside work done before heading north. I hooked up my wife's hot tub yesterday, so she will be feeling relaxed while I'm gone.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Went out this morning with my oldest son, trying to fill his turkey tag. With season almost over, and bird numbers way down, we beat the odds on public ground. He’s kept the streak alive 11 years in a row. With the help of a full-fan decoy, we pulled him about 100 yards across a small field. F4ADFE06-FFBB-4015-B781-08A32344F9E9.jpeg