What release do you shoot for hunting and why?

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
Hey guys so right now I shoot a Scott caliper release and really like it except for the fact that the rod attachment is so long I cant get my finger over the trigger enough to perform a correct back tension release. What release do you guys shoot and does is allow you to wrap your finger around the trigger so that you can shoot back tension?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I shoot the Scott little goose- It has a shorter rod so you can perform the release like you are describing. 3 seasons in and no issues- love it.

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper 4-finger......very crisp and quiet hook release.....for hunting and tournaments.

slim jim

Sep 14, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Tru-fire hardcore buckle fold back max. Hook release for simple and QUIET attaching to d-loop. Nice to keep folded back and out of the way while hunting. The length is adjustable as well.

Caseyu

Aug 27, 2012
Reno, NV
I shoot a hot shot tempest. Yes back tension. And I shoot it because I practice with it and shoot 3d with it which kinda makes it just an extension of me. If that makes sense

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I am interested in back tension releases as well! Anything that helps me become a better archer/bowhunter

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Scott longhorn 3. Hinge release. Easy to use bt on and helped me forget my tp. changed my mental process getting rid of the tp I had and shoot as good as ever.

BobT

Dec 1, 2011
Missouri Ozarks
I have been shooting a Scott Mongoose for several years. I have fairly big hands and I can adjust it out far enough to be comfortable.