What Pistols Do You All Carry?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
ruger p89 9mm

I used to be a fan of conceiled carry ,till I blew my peter off.
on the bright side ,I can now claim to be a sharpshooter. :rolleyes: :eek:;)

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
Scott, if your familiar with 1911 type single actions take a look at the Sig p938. I found this gun to be controllable and very concealable. I also found that accuracy is outstanding. The only thing i did to the pistol was add Hogue grips and that was just a 20 item. This is a deep concealment rig that shoots like a full size gun for me.

Reactions: mcseal2 and memtb

memtb

Scott, if your familiar with 1911 type single actions take a look at the Sig p938. I found this gun to be controllable and very concealable. I also found that accuracy is outstanding. The only thing i did to the pistol was add Hogue grips and that was just a 20 item. This is a deep concealment rig that shoots like a full size gun for me.
My wife’s favorite “carry” handgun! It also has a 22 rim fire conversion, which can make shooting less expensive. Though, our conversion is pretty particular about what you feed it! memtb

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
For concealed carry I pack a Springfield EMP in 9mm. For elk hunting in Bear country, my S&W stainless Mountain gun in .41 magnum or my Ruger SuperRedHawk in .454 Casull.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Do you have a recommendation on a CCW holster for your weapon?
I have a couple of Milt Sparks IWB holsters for 1911s that are really nice but they are kind of pricey and there is a significant wait (or was when I got mine). The pistol I use most often for concealed carry is a Kahr PM9. It is about the size of the Shield. I carry it in a horse hide Crossbreed MiniTuck. I find it very comfortable. I think they are on sale now.

Last summer, my nephew and I were hiking in an area where a grizzly encounter was possible. All I had on the trip West was a small 40 S&W in a Wilderness Safepacket holster. Since my current pack didn’t have a good way to attach that particular holster to the belt, I had it on the side of my pack. That wasn’t too convenient. I told my nephew that his job, if we ran into a grizzly, was to distract the bear for a few seconds while I dug out my pistol. He wasn’t too sure about the plan 😀.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I carry several at different times:

Concealed carry it’s a Sig 938 most of the time, or a Ruger LCP if its really hot out.

Woods carry it’s a S&W 60 Pro Series or a 386XL Hunter in 357 for lighter options. I’ve been going 10mm more often lately due to the ability to have night sights and a rail for a small light. I have a G20 or a Sig Tacops 1911.

Sometimes fishing I pack my old Ruger P97. Its a cheap option that shoots good. I don’t care if I get wear from the sand on it, and its simple to disassemble and clean.

If I might need to shoot further than 25 yards or might want to take small game I will always pack something with a single action option. I don’t shoot the striker fired guns as well as a single action. I have a Sig P226 Legion SAO I really like also.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I carry several at different times:

Concealed carry it’s a Sig 938 most of the time, or a Ruger LCP if its really hot out.

Woods carry it’s a S&W 60 Pro Series or a 386XL Hunter in 357 for lighter options. I’ve been going 10mm more often lately due to the ability to have night sights and a rail for a small light. I have a G20 or a Sig Tacops 1911.

Sometimes fishing I pack my old Ruger P97. Its a cheap option that shoots good. I don’t care if I get wear from the sand on it, and its simple to disassemble and clean.

If I might need to shoot further than 25 yards or might want to take small game I will always pack something with a single action option. I don’t shoot the striker fired guns as well as a single action. I have a Sig P226 Legion SAO I really like also.
Pretty solid arsenal there!

Reactions: mcseal2

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I've been thinking about getting one of those diablo 12 gauge pistols for my bedside home defense.