What did you get for Christmas guys?!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I'm sure most of you ate too much and/or had a great time with family and friends... some maybe not so much. ;)
What we really want to know is what awesome gifts you received!!

I'll start. I got a Sirui ET-1204 Travel Carbon Fiber Tripod with flip-leg locks. I went with the twist legs for 1 season and am going back to the flip locks (personal preference). This tripod is 8oz less than my last tripod so it freed me up to upgrade to better, BIGGER glass. So....I got this with the Wide Angle Lens.
I can't wait to try it out. Unfortunately I had to deal with some unseemly incidents around the home the past few days, but it'll be on the tripod this weekend and there's "nooooooo doubt about it"! Yeah I'm kinda excited! :love:

By switching to my preferred tripod style, I lost 8oz. By moving from my Vortex Razer 65, to the Swaro 85 I gained 10oz. NET +2oz of superior glass and preferred tripod! I was looking at moving up to the Razor 85, but for the same weight and the deal I got, I went with the Swaro. Whoop! Whoop! Did I say I was excited?!?!

Last edited:

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I recieved this new Chromebook laptop I'm typing on.It has ALL
the keys and even has Sound!!Miracles of modern technology...
Also got an assortment of different colors and styles of camo. headnets.
New foul weather jacket and Silicone waterproofer for my gear...like it rains in Az.🔥

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I recieved this new Chromebook laptop I'm typing on.It has ALL
the keys and even has Sound!!Miracles of modern technology...
Also got an assortment of different colors and styles of camo. headnets.
New foul weather jacket and Silicone waterproofer for my gear...like it rains in Az.🔥
I was just going to ask why you needed rain gear down in Arizona? o_O

It isn't like I have ever been caught out there in the desert when it was needed.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Guess what guys....it is raining here in Az. right now....
When I have been down there for the HAM javelina hunt in February I have seen everything from 10" of snow to a constant rain for 3 days.

It is fun when it snows and you can track them real easy, but rain isn't too bad either. It is just that when it snows they huddle up in the thick stuff.

I guess that I can qualify a couple of knifes that I got as Christmas presents. I'll have to get a couple of pictures up of them plus I ordered a custom made one that should be here come the middle of January. Oh I did order me a new pair of Meindl Light Hikers on Christmas eve so I guess that they qualify as a Christmas present.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
No new toys here, I must have been naughty I guess? 😆

I did 'treat' myself to an IA resident hunting license: to legally hunt small game thru Jan 10th. I hadn't hunted locally here in over 3 yrs. So far, I've been out 3x chasing ditch parrots and only managed to kick up 2 hens. Its not even a shadow of what it was back 20 or more years ago, what a shame...anyhow, I usually always seem to get some bunnies. 😉

Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Jim
Are these the new ones being made in the Nebraska?
The boots are made in Italy and the store is in Nebraska and it is ran by a couple of ex-Cabela's employees from what I have heard.

Someone on here posted about the new web site for them and gave a web address and I am glad that they did. The boots that they are replacing are now 3 1/2 years old and I couldn't even begin to calculate how many miles I have put on them. But riding my ATV my right foot will rub on the rear brake foot pedal at times and actually wore out some stitches. I was going to take them into Cabela's a year ago for warranty but they told me a bunch of crap about me having to send them into a "assessment center" to see what they would do. I told them what they could do with that and which way that they could turn it before pulling it out.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I was just going to ask why you needed rain gear down in Arizona? o_O

It isn't like I have ever been caught out there in the desert when it was needed.
Actually during the monsoon season in Aug.(Archery Deer) it rains every afternoon for an hour
or two and then clears up again.Just enough time for a Siesta.And yes it's still hot as H3LL ! 🔥

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
When I was a kid around 13 or 14 I lived down in Douglas for month or so when the monsoons hit. That was the first time that I ever saw 6" of standing water because the ground couldn't suck in up fast enough. I remember one afternoon when a vinegaroon came waltzing across the living room of the house that we were renting. Quite a interesting looking bug.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Interesting?,downright scary.The stuff that nightmares are made of.
When I was in the service I came home to visit and picked up a bunch
of my "civies" then went to San Diego to visit a friends family.While there
I was putting on a pair of old socks and was bitten by one.Had no clue what
it was,so they ran me over to the miltary base in 29 Palms.Scared the hell outta them.
They finally found out what it was-I'm ok ...really I swear.L've always had this
twitch and drool alot.Ha!,Ha! 🔥

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
The boots are made in Italy and the store is in Nebraska and it is ran by a couple of ex-Cabela's employees from what I have heard.

Someone on here posted about the new web site for them and gave a web address and I am glad that they did. The boots that they are replacing are now 3 1/2 years old and I couldn't even begin to calculate how many miles I have put on them. But riding my ATV my right foot will rub on the rear brake foot pedal at times and actually wore out some stitches. I was going to take them into Cabela's a year ago for warranty but they told me a bunch of crap about me having to send them into a "assessment center" to see what they would do. I told them what they could do with that and which way that they could turn it before pulling it out.
Let me know your thoughts after you get them. I'm in the market. My keens are wore out and I am not impressed with them. I've always heard such great things and tried them out.....mistake.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I got an Eberlestock Mainframe pack. It's not like I don't have enough packs already, but I have suffered too many times on the pack-out. As I slowly become less able to do what I have done in the past, anything that I can do to extend my time on the mountain is worth the investment. Bonecollector - How did your wife know to get you exactly what you wanted?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Let me know your thoughts after you get them. I'm in the market. My keens are wore out and I am not impressed with them. I've always heard such great things and tried them out.....mistake.
I bought the same ones that I did a few years ago and like the old ones. The old pair will still stay around for work around the homestead. But when I get out hiking in the hills I don't want the possibility of them starting to come apart on me. That's the biggest reason that I am replacing them.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I received a Bug Assault salt gun for killing bugs. Lol it’s going to be fun this summer honing my skills for big game hunting season.

Also a pair of winter mittens and hand warmers. Santa knows my finger tips are always freezing. Wireless ear buds for workouts and hikes. They are also noise canceling so I won’t have to hear the others in the gym (home gym) wink;)