WHAT A MESS!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
College football season is an absolute mess! I am a former college football player and every fall is my time of year. Football and hunting....who could ask for more. :love: looks like half of it is gone. PAC 12 (and others too) has cancelled it's fall football because of covid. It is going to be a pretty sad fall for sure.

Reactions: Hilltop

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Yeah, I'm not a super fan but would rather watch college football than most other things. I've just about given up on TV in general and mostly watch youtube.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I am also bummed but only because less football will probably result in more hunters in the field. I haven't wasted my time watching sports in probably twenty years now and wouldn't be upset if none of them ever came back.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
In the end it will be quite interesting in who does play this season. There are a few that haven't canceled out all their games and I kind of wonder just what the bowls are going to do if there are enough teams playing this year to actually have games in them.

Who knows this years national champion may have a record of 4-0 going into the bowls.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Yeah, I'll worry about all this after hunting season is over. I do think the hills will be flooded with hunters though. I've never seen so many people hiking and fishing this year in places I rarely see another person.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
People that are laid off getting unemployment have been out in force enjoying the outdoors.

If they go back to work they will no longer have the time to spoil it for the rest of us.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Yeah, I'll worry about all this after hunting season is over. I do think the hills will be flooded with hunters though. I've never seen so many people hiking and fishing this year in places I rarely see another person.
I was camping at Gunnison for a week (last week) and I couldn't believe how crowded it was . All the NF campgrounds were full and so were the rv parks. Went to Crested Butte and it was difficult to find a place to park. Tons of rv's on the road too.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Credit cards. Its the American way....For most.

Wait until all of the dust settles from thsi corona mess. People will be foreclosing on their homes left and right.

Reactions: Winchester

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My neighbor was up in the San Juan NF about 20 miles from here and said it was wall to wall people camping, never seen it so packed. Also all our rv parks here in town are full. They all have signs saying "No Vacancy"

Reactions: Winchester

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
From what I have seen in my area the only ones laid off are hotel workers. Most everyone else is working but then I haven't walked into a restaurant or bar to see just what they are doing.

As for money it is like it has been reported, with the large unemployment check folks are getting they are making more money collecting unemployment than they were when they were working.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
People that are laid off getting unemployment have been out in force enjoying the outdoors.

If they go back to work they will no longer have the time to spoil it for the rest of us.
I wonder how people who are laid off from work can afford to keep RVs and fill 'em up with gas?
it's easy when they make more on unemployment then they did working. I approve of much of what trump does but he should never have supported the 600 increase to benefits.
why on earth would these folks want their crappy jobs back?????????
don't work , don't eat!

I would love to see ALL safety net programs gone for good and see everybody actually have to pull their own weight.

and yes ,when I say ALL , I mean ALL.

can't make america great again without weeding out the losers! JMHONMNL

Reactions: idcwby and JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Anyone who lets sports get into the way of hunting/fishing isn't much of a hunter or fisherman.

While I like watching sports as much as the next person I much rather be hunting or fishing since you are really not involved in the outcome of the game that you might of watched if you were sitting at home in front of the boob tube.