What’s Everyone Doing?

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Update - I now plan to spend the rest of the month digging out from a recent storm.

My neighbors-
View attachment 45600

Hwy that goes by our little town. Down to one lane of 20 mph. Normally a 65mph great highway.
View attachment 45601

Snow shovel fuel. Glad I have full freezers. Grocery store shelves are pretty bare with all the roads closed.
View attachment 45602
My son owns his own trucking business and was stuck in Nebraska for 3 days, Interstate closed and he was iced in at a truck stop. Back on the road now in Salt Lake City.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just got through plowing my driveway, then headed down to a neighbors and did hers along with a 1/4 mile of sidewalk.

Just put another pot of coffee on.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Still deer hunting here in Mississippi. Season closes January 31. I’ve not pulled the trigger on anything yet. I’ve got to put up a couple in the next few weekends. Temps down in the single digits over the weekend. Not normal here. Got a few guns to work on when the season ends. Looking forward to retirement at the end of the year.
UPDATE:
Snow, sleet and freezing rain here overnight and today. Killed a meat deer Saturday. Single digits the next couple of days. I saw zero deer this morning. Our deer don’t know how to act in this kind of weather.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
We dodged the bullet with the snow but have the cold temps. Got up to 1 yesterday, today its suppose to reach 8.

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Post hunting time usually fills up quickly for me. Between gymnastics, wrestling and other events, the kids' schedules keep us busy. Outside of that, weeks like this keep us hunkered down, feeding the fireplace. Looks like the weather will break next week and I can get out to set some snares and do a little coyote hunting. Stay warm and happy shoveling.

Reactions: buckbull

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
With the recent weather I got a lot done on the new to the family race Jeep. Shop stayed 40-50* the last few days, It’s been single digits outside.
Had my fist colonoscopy yesterday, things went fluid you might say. All good though, don’t have to do that again for a while 👍🏻

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Thought that I would get on top of the snowstorm today so headed out and plowed my driveway and some sidewalks.

6" of nice fluffy snow and by the time that I got done there was another 1/2 inch back where I started. I'll head out this evening again and hit it again during a lull in the storm. Then it is suppose to snow pretty much all night and all day tomorrow.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Its been so cold i havent wanted to get outside. The cold bothers me more the older i get. I have a bunch of projects i want to get done on my truck and its just been too cold. I dont have a heated shop. Plan to install a trailer brake controller, swing case tool boxes, grill marker lights, and bed rail system. All backed up projects.

Reactions: 6mm Remington

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Been out wolf hunting a couple times. No luck yet. I'm trying to call one in with a mouth blown predator call and a mouse squeeker call. I also use a mouth blown coyote howler to entice them. Hoping to get out again in a couple days. Took the lab dog with me last time as bait so to speak. She stays within 30 yards or so and I watch her closely. I used to take my Norwegian Elkhound with me when he was a live when I called coytes. It really worked slick to distract them. I'd like to get a couple coyotes too but I don't think fur prices are very good. Maybe just tan them for decoration for my man cave.

I need to get busy reloading some rifle ammunition too. And we need some more snow so I can get out on my snowshoes. Probably use them if we get some more while I'm wolf hunting.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Headed to SHOT this week, lots of honey dos before that. Was at MOGA the week before during the worst of the cold.
Stop by the Beretta booth and check out the BRX and let us know what you think!

Bugleseeker

Jan 18, 2024
N. Idaho
Been out wolf hunting a couple times. No luck yet. I'm trying to call one in with a mouth blown predator call and a mouse squeeker call. I also use a mouth blown coyote howler to entice them. Hoping to get out again in a couple days. Took the lab dog with me last time as bait so to speak. She stays within 30 yards or so and I watch her closely. I used to take my Norwegian Elkhound with me when he was a live when I called coytes. It really worked slick to distract them. I'd like to get a couple coyotes too but I don't think fur prices are very good. Maybe just tan them for decoration for my man cave.

I need to get busy reloading some rifle ammunition too. And we need some more snow so I can get out on my snowshoes. Probably use them if we get some more while I'm wolf hunting.
In North Idaho, the only luck I've had with calling in wolves was with howl calls, but I haven't been able to get an actual shot at one. They are so dam smart. Have you heard of this organization?:
The Foundation for Wildlife Management – Ensuring ungulate populations recover in areas negatively impacted by wolves (f4wm.org)

Bugleseeker

Jan 18, 2024
N. Idaho
At the moment, I'm getting a new Savage 110 Lightweight Storm in 6.5 CM setup to sight in. And working on research for a colorado muley hunt this fall with my dad and brother. Also, reloading for my brother for his new Tikka T3x Lightweight in 7mm RM. Oh, and not to mention, procrastinating on fixing stuff around the house that is going to need attention at some point...

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Slugz; I have to complement you on your success, and the vibrant colors on all the photos that you post. What do you use to take the pics?
Thats the new S24 Samsung. Son uses a Iphone Pro 14. I went Samsung for the 100x zoom. Other than that they are the same camera ( in a phone)

Im sure the real Pros use something more high end than that.

Reactions: RICMIC