What’s Everyone Doing?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Now that hunting is pretty much over and the holidays are done what’s everyone up to?

Im doing home project, picked up a new AR for coyote hunting so I’m getting that all put together. Spending some time at our cabin and trying to make some plans for the upcoming year for family vacation and possibly some fishing trips.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Still deer hunting here in Mississippi. Season closes January 31. I’ve not pulled the trigger on anything yet. I’ve got to put up a couple in the next few weekends. Temps down in the single digits over the weekend. Not normal here. Got a few guns to work on when the season ends. Looking forward to retirement at the end of the year.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Chukar hunting when I can until the end of the month. Then start working on new loads for my rifles, to get ready for spring bear and hopefully test them out. Got a family vacation in there somewhere and helping my buddies getting cows and calves to pasture for the summer. Once draw results are out make a plan for hunting in the fall.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Finishing up our winter Bulls Eye Pistol League. I won the Top Gun award for the 10 season in a row. Average score of 586/600 for the league. We will start Spring League in 2 weeks. I am also writing grant applications for range improvement projects for our local rifle pistol club.

Planning for my wife and I's 60 wedding anniversary later in the year. Getting bids for some new flooring and kitchen remodeling in our home.
That's about it.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Hunting upland and small game between snow storms. Finishing up this falls processing. Need to slow my kid down a little- he is sure keeping the freezer full. Will ramp up umpire training clinics in 2 weeks, then transition into umpiring. 87 games last season while my son did 30. we should both be over 100 this season if we don't get too many rainouts. Need to pay for the applications and trips!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Look like you have one heck of a shop!

Im working on getting at 30’x80’ barnduminium built at my place next year. Front 30’ will be living space and the back 30’ would be a shop and storage. 20’ would be covered porch.
That sounds really nice. That 20’ covered porch is going to be great!

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I'm just finishing up some winter shop projects, and spent the last couple days plowing out from our first signifigant snowfall. My primary exercise/property improvement program has just been approved by the County Forestry : clearing almost 8 acres of budworm killed balsam and spruce trees. If I work 2-3 hours per day when the weather permits, I should have it done in 2 years or so. OOF DAH!!

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Snowboarding backcountry n resorts, ice fishing for big lakers w my pops, snowmobiling, rabbit hunting w my 9 n 12 year old girls, and working on my mining claim that’s at 11,600’ as its only 8 miles back on snowmobiles! Still watching the last doe get chased by bucks but they are starting to slow down deer are fat n happy this year…

Wanting to shovel or use the snowblower at the restaurant but not much snow here in town yet 6-7’ at the mine..

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Ive been trying to get a handle on the bush honeysuckle at the cabin. The stuff is really taking over. Ive been manually cutting it with a brush cutter (weed eater kind) and spraying with brush kill. Hard work and not making much progress. Ill probably have to end up spraying the stuff to make progress.

Id like to build a 30x40 garage with 3 bays up at the cabin. Im leaning towards stick building it but not ruling out a quonset hut. Im really happy with the monolithic pour we did for the cabin so would go that route for the floor.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Few upgraded to the trailer.

Need to put in my retractable ratchets in the front and rear and I will be good to go. Need to speed up this process because every weekend when we go to camp, I am sick of taking 10 minutes getting everything lashed down. Hopefully it takes 1 minute from now on.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Hunting upland and small game between snow storms. Finishing up this falls processing. Need to slow my kid down a little- he is sure keeping the freezer full. Will ramp up umpire training clinics in 2 weeks, then transition into umpiring. 87 games last season while my son did 30. we should both be over 100 this season if we don't get too many rainouts. Need to pay for the applications and trips!
Update - I now plan to spend the rest of the month digging out from a recent storm.

My neighbors-

Hwy that goes by our little town. Down to one lane of 20 mph. Normally a 65mph great highway.

Snow shovel fuel. Glad I have full freezers. Grocery store shelves are pretty bare with all the roads closed.