>>---> Weekly Workout Schedule's <---<<

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Hey everyone lets see what your Weekly Workout Schedules are in the off season. It would be neat to see what everyone does and maybe get some other ideas to change up the schedules.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I'm down 15lbs. Mostly rite now for me is diet. I've realized that I've gained weight just because I've become lazy. It's so easy just to eat whatever good or bad and not think twice about it. For me I have to make a conscious decision to not eat crap! I would say that if I had an addiction it would be food. So I've made the choice to break my habit and eat better. My next challenge will be a workout that will get myself into great shape and toned up. If I draw tags this year that will be a great motivator to get it done.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, Wednesday, Friday (mornings before work, with my wife) - Finally, able to get in and make this happen! Feels good.
Set I. (All sets; 1 minute per exercise, as little rest in between as possible)
1. Bench Press
2. Clean, Jerk, & Press
3. Squats
4. Hammer Curls
5. Military Press
6. Pull ups
7. Tricep Pushdowns
8. Box Jumps w/Medicine Ball Throw (until failure)
9. Hanging leg raises

Break 1 = 5 minutes - walking around indoor track and drinking water.

Set II.
1. Ladder Pushups or Medicine Ball Pushups
2. Kettle Bell Cleans
3. Bodyweight Lunges
4. Straight Bar Curls
5. Lateral Raise
6. Pull downs or Seated Rows
7. Dips
8. Ab Wheel
9. Sled Push with Weight

Break II (same as I)

Set III.
1. Incline Bench Press or Dumbbell Press
2. Burnout cleans
3. Step ups with weighted pack or partner on back
4. Cable Curls
5. Shrugs
6. Bent Single Arm Rows (bow pull)
7. Close Grip Bench Press or Skull Crushers
8. Medicine Ball Sit Ups
9. Rope Work or "The Tire" (until failure = Burnout!)

Cool Down with 5 minutes of Yoga or Walking.

Everyday After Work (Except for Weekends - Weekends are reserved for fishing, shed hunting, and just plain old down time with my wife!)
Running = 15 minutes on the road or three mile cross country course, OR Bike ride for an hour (loop around home), or hike the hill behind the school or my house with weighted pack. My lab LOVES this part and is great motivation.

Diet: Cutting my calories to 2000 per day, heavy on elk, ducks, pheasants, and fish, veggies, and fruits, with a moderate intake of carbs (my wife loves to bake!) Low-Fat/Non-Fat Chocolate milk after workout. Tons of Water! NO Processed Food.

Supplements: Wilderness Athlete - Multi Vitamin, Hydrate & Recover w/ Energy & Focus (Superman/Blaze), Green Infusion, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin. Every Morning.

Last edited:

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i want to get up in the morning to workout but just cant get myself up and my wife wants to get up to but she is not helping either she is hitting the snooze button just like me. I workout when i get home from work but want to do it in the mornings. I need help what can i do. Will you guys call me in the morning to wake me up. lol

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i used to sleep out in my coffin blind for duck and goose hunting when i was younger, i was always worred someone would get there before me.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I hear ya on that one. I've spent more than one night in a layout blind. One time on Saginaw Bay we slept in our duck boat so as to have the spot we wanted. Crazy! But wait, wouldn't that be like "Coyoting Out" for Waterfowl! LMAO.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I wake up and hammer my workout everday at 5:45 am. I hit chest and tris on mondays , run 4-5 miles on tuesday, leg day on wednesday, run 4-5 miles on thursday, back on friday. On the weekend I will try to either get in another run or do shoulders depending on what my body is telling me. For lifting I do not focus on weight but rather high reps with lighter weight which helps to build more lean and coordinated muscle that is useful in the field. I almost never do isolation lifts but rather focus on compound lifts which are much more useful in the mountains. As you can see I do a lot of work on legs because they are the foundation of being a mountain hunter. For diet instead of limiting my intake of food I focus on eating lots of healthy food items because I am supposed to be eating and average of 3100 calories a day so I have to eat a lot of healthy food to meet that minimum. I dont have any weight to lose so I need to meet that calorie mark so my body can build strength and endurance. Keep Hammering!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Today was pack day for my. Added a little more weight today went from 50 to 62lbs. Went on one of the two trails close to the house. I do four miles. it was warm today!! Still like the trail better than m-w-f gym days!!

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
This is what I just started this week to get into backpacking shape for elk

Workout A
Squat 5 sets of 5 reps
Bench press 5 sets of 5 reps
Barbell rows 5 sets of 5reps

Workout B
Squat 5 sets of 5 reps
Overhead press 5 sets of 5 reps
Deadlift 5 sets of 5 reps

Alternate workout A every other day with workout B and add 5lbs after each day
I'm sore after the first day, gonna take a few days to get used to it.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
Well, the goal for me, since October’s elk season in Idaho at least was to make going up hill more of a strength than a weakness. I eat a lot better now mostly a lot of chicken salads with balsamic vinegar and olive oil for main meals and nuts, almonds and cashews every hour for snacks and protein heavy on the weekends is typical for me. I’ve cut out processed sugar and processed foods. I do also have a glass of Wilderness Athlete Hydrate & Recover in the mornings. I’ve dropped about 40 pounds since October now. I'm finding what we eat is so much more important than I had thought or at least is seems so to me and my energy output.

I’m 53 now and not so much a youngster anymore so I worry more about my knees getting to pounded so I don’t run but try and walk at a brisk pace keeping my heart rate above 130 or higher. Below is what I’m doing each morning during the work week.

Revolving stairs 20 min and then treadmill at 15% grade for .5 hour. On friday’s leg workout day, I strap on a weighted pack with 40 pounds. I also walk 2.5 miles at lunch. I alternate each day and work out chest, back, arms, shoulder and back exercises and legs and stretching before doing them after the stair and treadmill.

I did a 5K race fundraiser this past Saturday with Valley Christian High School at Lake Cunningham Park to help raise awareness and funds to meet the education needs of at risk children in Silicon Valley and beyond. I don't typically run. I'm trying not to pound my knees so I can be backpacking up in the mountains longer but I wanted to see how I'd time on this 5K. What do you know, I took second place in the race! In my age bracket, 50-59 that is. I did run the 5K in 00:17:34 at a 00:05:39 mile pace which was better than I thought I'd do. God is good!

If this old guy can getting better results, anyone can. Our bodies seem to wear out faster than our minds do but by doing our part the best we can to get in shape it surly has to help. I’m not sucking air or running out of steam nearly as much now when going uphill at least these days.

hvfd21walker

Dec 18, 2011
Bitteroots
Im having a heck of a time getting motivated. With the new baby and working 50 hours a week. I cant seem to get up early and do it because I don't want to wake the baby up. I am dog ass tired after framing all day. I know these are all excuses. I have let my self go and put back on 30lbs. I am building motivation but it is slow. I need to get going. You guys are my motivation.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
All right here is my Monday workout. On Monday Wednesday and Friday I do Cardio. Along with the cardio on Monday I work the upper body and arms. The below is the order of the workout.

Warm up with:
Stair master Aerobic workout 10 minutes level 12
Treadmill at 15% grade start at 3mph increase to 6mph then back down to 3mph to cool down. Total 10 minutes.

Jump right into alternating sets of situps 4 sets of 25 and leg lifts 4 sets of 15.
Battle ropes 4 sets 30 seconds each.
Hyper extensions 3 sets of 15 with 25 lbs of weight

On to the weights:
One-Arm Dumbbell Row with 45lb 3 sets of 10 each arm.
Seated Dumbbell Press 35 lbs each arm 3 sets of 10
7/7/7 curls 40lbs 3 sets
Lat pull-downs 3 sets of 15 85lbs
Seated Cable Rows 3 sets 15 85lbs
lateral front pull downs 90lbs each arm 3 sets of 15
tricep extensions 3 sets of 10 40lbs

Planks 4 sets 30seconds each
stretching exercises

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Tuesday no workout. When I get home on tuesdays I shoot my bow for 1- 2 hours taking my time. I start at 40yds and shoot back to 80yds. I don't shoot a bunch of arrows at each distance but I am striving for accuracy. I really like shooting longer distances and many times I will start at 80 then move to shorter distances. I would never take a 80yd shot but shooting at those distances really make 50 and under feel like a chip shot.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Wednesday scheduled routine at the gym.

Warm up with:
Stair master Aerobic workout 10 minutes level 12
Treadmill at 15% grade start at 3mph increase to 6mph then back down to 3mph to cool down. Total 10 minutes.

Alternating sets of situps 4 sets of 25 and leg lifts 4 sets of 15.
Hyper extensions 3 sets of 15 with 25 lbs of weight

One-Arm Dumbbell Row with 65lb 3 sets of 10 each arm.
Lat pull-downs 3 sets of 15 85lbs
Seated Cable Rows 3 sets of 15 85lbs
Biceps Curl 3 sets of 10 90lbs

Horizontal Calf press 4 sets of 15 @ 230lbs
Leg Extensions 4 sets of 15 @ 130lbs
Seated Leg Press 4 sets of 15 @ 190lbs
Hip Abductor 4 sets of 15 @ 250lbs

Shooting the bow 5 sets of three arrows 80yds Concentrating on good shots and form.

Last edited:

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Thursday:
Today is pack day. After work I will head out for a 4 mile hike with full pack weight plus a few more lbs. Should take about 1hr 15min. favorite workout day of the week!

Update We did the 4 miles with full packs in 1hr 3minutes today. We were trucking right along!:)

Last edited: