Video of Snowy Range Moose Hunt

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
As some of you know from my previous posts, my wife drew a Snowy Range moose tag. We spent five and half weeks hunting in September and October. Why did it take five and half weeks to get a moose? You’ll have to watch the attached video to get the full story.

We experienced a lot of frustrations including one of the biggest fires in Wyoming’s history. In addition, my wife’s guide and pack mule (me) kept telling her not to shoot medium sized bulls with the hope we’d find a bigger one. Amazingly, her patience lasted five and half weeks. I wonder how many guys have a spouse that would last five and half weeks on a moose hunt? I am extremely proud of her!

One of my favorite hobbies is to produce videos of our hunts and other experiences. The memories captured by the attached video are truly the trophy of the hunt. The memories are priceless.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
As some of you know from my previous posts, my wife drew a Snowy Range moose tag. We spent five and half weeks hunting in September and October. Why did it take five and half weeks to get a moose? You’ll have to watch the attached video to get the full story.

We experienced a lot of frustrations including one of the biggest fires in Wyoming’s history. In addition, my wife’s guide and pack mule (me) kept telling her not to shoot medium sized bulls with the hope we’d find a bigger one. Amazingly, her patience lasted five and half weeks. I wonder how many guys have a spouse that would last five and half weeks on a moose hunt? I am extremely proud of her!

One of my favorite hobbies is to produce videos of our hunts and other experiences. The memories captured by the attached video are truly the trophy of the hunt. The memories are priceless.

As usual your videos are superb. I had a deer tag (along with 3 others) in the unit effected by the Mullen fire, so no hunt this year.
Great bull, congratulations.

Reactions: highplainsdrifter

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Great video and congrats to the hunter.

One way that I have found that is quite easy to keep a hunter from shooting a too small or inferior animal to to take their ammo away from them and not give it back until the right animal is found.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Great job with the video Earl and congratulations to Donna on a fine moose!
Once again you’ve set the bar high as I work to produce the video from my 2020 hunt. I’ve shared it with a few folks on this site if anyone wants to check it out please reach out to me. I’ll be reaching out with a few questions on some things I saw in this particular film. Congratulations again and thanks for sharing!

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
I enjoyed the video and congrats on the bull.

I can relate to the fire changing your Plan A. A fire in 2018 resulted in the closure of most of the area in which I had planned on hunting moose. Fortunately, that fire was smaller on our side of the mountain and the area was reopened before my hunt was over.

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
Congrats on the bull well deserved! At the end of the video I had to pause when I read the name and realized, hey wait a minute that name looks real familiar. I know that guy! Enjoy the meat, we are loving ours from last year.

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a challenging hunt but what I wouldn’t give to be able to have a 5 week long moose hunt. I am sure the memories you made and the things you saw in that time where fantastic.

taxiphucha1

Oct 25, 2021
taxiphucha.com
It definitely puts into perspective the saying, “It’s not about the catch, but the memories you create along the way.” I totally get the joy of capturing these moments on video; it turns experiences into timeless memories.

ptthitruong

May 17, 2021
GB
meettomy.site
Man, five and a half weeks hunting with your wife is intense! Hats off to her patience and your guiding skills. Makes me think about giving video editing a shot for my own outdoor adventures.