Trouble with MBG Ascent 5 pin sight tape

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
So I custom order the sight from Steve at s and s archery and followed the videos of setting up for the tape. So first I set up all the pins with the slider at zero then I went to use the slider doing the 20-60 using the dial for finding the correct sight tape well I didn't have enough on the slider to go up to use my 3rd pin for the 20 yard mark (as explained in steves video).

Was just wondering how I could mitigate this issue because I'm completely stumped will probably end up calling steve tomorrow

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Bummer. I have a Ascent also. With my sight in the "0" or "home" spot my sight top is flush with the fixed portion of the vertical slide rail (make sense). That also puts my bottom pin at 55 yds. From there I am good for the whole sight tape. You may just have to play around with where does your "0" or home position is to ensure you have enough travel to cover the whole sight tape.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
you don't really have to go all the way up to 20. I set mine up like he and you have done by sighting in my pins with the slider flush with the fixed portion of the site. From there, I roll it up to 20, make a mark, then do every ten yards out to 70. From there, I match up my tape. If you can only do 30 and 50, no big deal. The reason he suggests 20 to 60 is because it fine tunes it a little more. Shoot the biggest extremes you can handle and call it good

You can also move the metal pointer up and down to match where you want it to on the tape. This may allow you to drop the pointer down and the tape down to roll it up to 20.

Hopefully you get it figured outs... I love my sight and am sure you will too once you get it set up

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
I'd buy the TAPes program for $15 and never worry about a sight tape ever again. Use the scale and can print out however many tapes you want and is very accurate.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I use archers advantage. Plug in all the info print out a sight tape and I'm good to go. I have a three pin ascent, I set my first pin to 27 yds second at 40 and third at 50. I can only get about 100 yds out of my tape before my fletchings get close to hitting the bottom of my sight ring, but that is plenty far enough for practice. 60 is about my max hunting range of everything is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk