Tomorrow's The Day

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have been having some back issues for a long time and tomorrow I am having surgery to fix it. I have Stenosis in L1 thru L5 in my lower back. Tried steroid injections (worked for awhile, not now), PT and lost a bunch of weight (55+ pounds). They all helped, but now it's time to let the surgeon do his job. He says 3 to 6 weeks and I should be good to go. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Hope you have a very speedy recovery.

My neighbor is going under the knife next week for his back problems. This will make his seventh surgery on his back. They are going to take some of the metal out that they have put in and put some more in.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Hope you have a very speedy recovery.

My neighbor is going under the knife next week for his back problems. This will make his seventh surgery on his back. They are going to take some of the metal out that they have put in and put some more in.
Luckily no metal implants or fusion.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Back home after a very successful 4 hour surgery. It unreal what they can do today, 4 to 5 inch incision over L1 thru L5 , cleaned up lots of bone and made more room for the nerves. All the back pain is gone except for the area where they did the cutting and it's not bad at all. Walked a mile in the hospital and will walk at least a every day, Dr's orders.

Sure feel better! Thanks for all the well wishes.

Last edited: