Time is up! Good luck!

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Well, time is up for CO apps! Who all applied for deer hunts that historically took 2+ fewer points than you applied with?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sitting this year out in Colorado.

We chose to instead lease some property (which I dont really like doing) in Illinois and after dealing with the neighbor there last weekend I am wishing I had applied for HC deer with my bow instead....I guarantee the fat retard trespassing on Saturday isn't going to be on any mountaintops in his remaining lifetime.....

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I put in for 67, 2nd season with 5 points as a NR. It was an 88% chance with 3 last year and they are increasing tags this year so I'm hoping I sneak in!
I’m in a similar situation, I applied with 4 points for a second season tag that the last couple years has been around 50% with 3 points. I’m not overly optimistic but there’s a chance.

Reactions: accubond

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I'm in for an early rifle deer tag that I could've drawn by the skin of my teeth last year. I'm hoping that the later season dates in 2nd/3rd/4th shift some demand away from the earlier hunts, or at least keeps the odds somewhat constant.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I'm in for an early rifle deer tag that I could've drawn by the skin of my teeth last year. I'm hoping that the later season dates in 2nd/3rd/4th shift some demand away from the earlier hunts, or at least keeps the odds somewhat constant.
I bet you are correct that early season tags will stay same or in some cases drop. Wouldn’t surprise me if there is also a pause in elk point creep this year.

Reactions: LCH

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
I have not hunted a deer west of I 25 in at least 15 years, all my hunts have been on the eastern plains. Hope fully the unit I chose, I can draw with 2nd choice. I still want to get 1 or 2 more points before I blow them all. I'm trying to figure out if those high country early rifle is all that they are cracked up to be or if there are a ton of archers there?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I am betting that Dave will have some pretty interesting analysis after the draws. 2021 like 2020 is going to be quite the year for the system. A LOT of people are betting that the new seasons in CO are going to be a detriment to deer trophy potential. We will see what high point holders deem as worth it to just get out of the trap and hope for the best.

Big Chief J

Feb 25, 2016
Texas
They extended the deadline to 4-9-21 at 8:00pm MST.

Now I have to spend more time thinking about my applications. Thanks Colorado!

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I groan every time I hit the CPW Web site, but at least it's gotten better over the past few years.

Good luck guys. I'm on my last of a 4-year points rotation, so this is another PP > EasyDrawZone combo, one I'm sure I'll get. Next year will be the nail biter for me...

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
sheep moose goat with the bow for me.... no elk/deer this year....

did you see they extended the deadline until Friday I think??
could've helped a lot of hunters out with point creep etc....but you know CO wants that $$$ more than proving a point about deadlines....

Conrad8899

Oct 15, 2011
Casper Wy
I hope to draw this year and get out of the race... Burning 9 points on a 2 point unit so pretty sure I will draw just hope the wifes 4 points are enough... I had my sights set on a couple different units but with the point creep this year I wasnt taken any chances.... Good luck every one................

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Well, time is up for CO apps! Who all applied for deer hunts that historically took 2+ fewer points than you applied with?
I applied for a 3rd rifle Mule Deer tag with +3 over what it took last year. Definitely not putting in for my vacation time just yet.

Reactions: D_Dubya

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I played it a little bit different on deer this year.

My first choice muzzle loader is a 50/50 chance. If I don't draw my first choice I should have a 75/100 chance for my second chance. If neither one of those I have a 100% chance for my 3rd choice. All muzzle loader tags.

Points for elk and pronghorn.

Reactions: RICMIC and D_Dubya

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
I saw that Colorado set a record for # of tags applied for across the board. So their little computer snafu worked out perfectly for them and it should make it a little harder to get the tags that we want.