Thumb release or back tension?

COLORADO

May 15, 2013
steamboat springs colorado
I'm looking at getting a new release or two, and want to get people's opinions on the Scott longhorn and the backspin and the Scott exxus or the exxus core? And if you know of any other releases that would be good feel free to mention them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I shoot a tru-fire hardcore revolution and really like it, but am still interested in a back tension release. I do think that my shooting has improved since moving to a thumb release, but I haven't tried any back tensions yet so I can't help you there. To me, the hold on the bow feels more natural with the release in your hand rather than wrist if that makes sense.

COLORADO

May 15, 2013
steamboat springs colorado
Tdcour makes a lot of sense I shot some handhelds at CABELA'S and like it so much more than a wrist style release!

Maxhunter I like that release but would fear firing that one on the draw if you shoot it with your ring finger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I started shooting the tru Fire edge this year after using a wrist strap for years. Found it to be way more comfortable and am going to stick with it. Strap is my backup now....