The Wild Game Eats Thread...

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
I made some drip beef sandwiches in the crockpot the other day. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/drip-beef-sandwiches-2219888

The recipe calls for a roast but I didn't get enough roasts from my elk this year so I tried it with round steaks since I always seem to have a ton of those in the freezer. Brown the steaks quickly on each side then into the crockpot with the beef broth and pepperoncinis and juice from the jar. 8 hours later perfect shredding and onto the sandwiches. The pepperoncinis in the with the beef broth really give it an awesome flavor and makes for a great jus to dip the sandwiches into.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
I think Santa is bringing me a smoker for Christmas so I will be trying this soon. Do you have a deli slicer?

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I think Santa is bringing me a smoker for Christmas so I will be trying this soon. Do you have a deli slicer?
I don't. For the most part I make cracker sandwiches out of it for lunch at work, so i like it cut thicker. Cracker, cheese, pastrami.
I wouldn't mind having one though if your looking to get me a Christmas present, lol!

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
20171217_175120.jpg
Chicken fried sirloin deer steaks served with red beans and rice along with buttered xoen. Sorry this is whats left for lunch tomorrow. Lol