The grill em up thread!

DH56

Jan 17, 2014
Northern, Ohio

Prime thick cut ribeye

Would show you the finished product, but it didn?t last once it hit the plate. 🥩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice set up- one of the "key" parts of that set up is the bottle opener on the left- critical when grilling for long periods!:D:)

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Nice set up- one of the "key" parts of that set up is the bottle opener on the left- critical when grilling for long periods!:D:)[/QUOTE

When people ask how long I BBQ something I reply in number of beers. So anyone out there know how many beers it take to grill up a pound of Gator? Seriously just got it delivered so would you grill it,smoke it or cover it in some Smack your momma,and fry it

Last edited:

DH56

Jan 17, 2014
Northern, Ohio
LOL- It should take as long as it needs to take to cook, and if done too quickly throw something else on and keep going.....:D

Alligator sure does taste good deep fried-I usually have had it that way.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
20180624_170230.jpg
Well, I got no after cooked pictures.
One sweet, one savery piece of salmon on the ceader boards. Had a large tin foil package of asparagus also.

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
How does everyone do their sockeye on the grill?

[emoji226]

What I do:

For a large-ish fillet (cut in 1/2, each on a soaked cedar board):

-Mince 2 cloves of garlic real fine
-Sprinkle/press the minced garlic evenly across each piece of salmon
-Rub a hefty pinch of brown sugar evenly over the garlic into the fish
-Sprinkle generously with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
-Let sit at room temp for 10-15 min
-Put fish and boards onto grill grate in center over coals (direct grill) cover, open vent, cook for 15-20 min
-Remove boards from grill, rest fish for 5 min
-Serve w/baked potato and grilled veggies or salad and a nice sauvignon blanc or Northwest-type IPA

[emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
The 2 different flavors I have above, fresh crushed black pepper, red pepper, Cajun seasoning, and sea salt.
The other is Brown sugar, with walnuts, and sea salt, them at the 12 minute mark while cooking drizzle honey on it. If you put the honey on right away it cooks off.