The Day we Dred

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
That's a kick straight to the heart! He must be a fine dog to get you a limit of chukar...not an easy task! Very sorry, but what a pleasure to have such a fine companion.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Thanks fellas , he is responsible for over a thousand chukar and a rare limit of wild Nv pheasant. He's that dog that you don't come by that often. If I could clone him I would but I have memories for a lifetime with him. This will be my fifth dog headed to the happy hunting grounds, its never easy but a fact of life we hunting family dog owners must endure. Thanks againIMG_20161118_112059990.jpg

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Hope you have longer than was estimated.

A friend had a young dog that got the dreded C on a checkup and was only expected to make it another few weeks. That dog made it almost a full year before he had to be put down due to the problems.

Here's to many good memories.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Truly sorry to hear that.

Its all part of dog ownership. I had to put down quite a few hunting dogs over the years and Its never easy.
It wont be easy if something happens to our lab we currently have. Hes part of the family more than any dog I have ever had.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
It took me years into my adult life before I was willing to get a hunting dog, I just didnt think I had it in me to deal with the end. I'm still not sure I do, but I'd rather not duck hunt, than hunt ducks without my dog. Really sorry for your pups prognosis, hopefully you have more time than you think you do. Gun dogs sure do occupy a special place in your heart.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Gun dogs sure do occupy a special place in your heart.
Aint that a fact.

I would give up almost anything to have one more snowshoe hare chase in the Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania with my beagles. God I miss those dogs. I have not hunted hares since they passed. I just cant bring myself to do it.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Thanks fellas , he is responsible for over a thousand chukar and a rare limit of wild Nv pheasant. He's that dog that you don't come by that often. If I could clone him I would but I have memories for a lifetime with him. This will be my fifth dog headed to the happy hunting grounds, its never easy but a fact of life we hunting family dog owners must endure. Thanks againView attachment 28712
Put him down thursday, rest in peace BUDDY. Was a tough one, not my first or my last but he was special!!

• Sad
Reactions: THelms