Tag Soup 2019

minn elk chaser

Jan 6, 2014
Add me to the list of soup eaters this year. My son and I just hunted 4th season cow elk in Colorado and never saw a elk. We were in the Meeker area and not many elk were harvested, probably do to dry and warm weather. Anyone else hunt there and if so how did you do?

Reactions: Prerylyon

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
I made two trips to Idaho this fall. I had a mountain lion tag, a wolf tag, and a predator call in my pocket on both trips. No predators were harmed so both tags remain in pristine condition.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
My CO muley partner had 4 shot opps at 2 bucks and was unable to seal deal. He went home with a pristine tag.

I've got 2 GA buck tags to purchase, hoping to shoot 1. End of December hunt...

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
Ate my mule deer tag in wy, about 33% draw odds. I saw one mature deer in a limited unit over 7 days. One day I saw more cow moose than bucks

Also my general elk tag but I only went out for 2 days of archery to learn a little about bugling bulls. Had a bull at 80 yards but that's too far for me

Reactions: Bonecollector

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Filled my WY limited quota elk tag and my additional whitetail tag.

Didn't fill my WY general deer tag. I went to KS in November on a guided archery deer hunt, and didn't fill that either. I passed up some decent bucks but really wanted a 150 or better.

Overall my year was pretty good, and can't really complain.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Tag soup is super underrated in my opinion. One of the hardest things to accomplish. A lot of folks feel the need to harvest an animal simply to fill their tag. I’ve been guilty of it myself. We should have a support group for those who choose to not fill their tag haha. Because I do understand the want/need for game meat for the year.

Well for now. Big congrats to those with tag soup, a true accomplishment. (y)

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Tag soup is super underrated in my opinion. One of the hardest things to accomplish. A lot of folks feel the need to harvest an animal simply to fill their tag. I’ve been guilty of it myself. We should have a support group for those who choose to not fill their tag haha. Because I do understand the want/need for game meat for the year.

THANKS...for nuthin'.Does that have a double meaning?I shot nothing and you congratulated me for nothing.
That means absolutely nothing to me .Does it mean anything to you?Ha!,Ha!...(My skull bone hurts) 🔥

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho

lol. tru dat!
tag soup is awesome! no killer packouts,none of that butcherin an blood nonsense!

I didn't git my elk this year and I am 100% ok with it.

Last edited: