Some Texas Shots

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
Good way to pass time while waiting on THE deer to show up and while I'm letting my wife hunt while I try to make the most of an evening with an 19 month old kiddo in tow. He's a pretty good deer spotter from his car seat.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Nice shots packmule! It looks like there are some nice bucks running around down there! Thanks for sharing them.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
Great pics- thanks for sharing. It looks a whole lot warmer than eastern Nebraska!
Have had good hunting weather for here. Lows from the mid 20s to mid 40s, some rain to ruin acorns and about a week where highs didn't get into the 50s. Bucks have been moving, but having a trickle rut.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Nice pics Packmule. You've got some sho nuff quality over there. Crazy thing is, those pics of the big wide deer you let walk seems that deer is not even that old. If you've got those genetics going on I understand why you let him walk. You got some bruisers over there. It's hard to not shoot those deer unless you've shot that size before, especially with a bow. Thanks for sharing.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
He's a 4yo deer and would beat my widest whitetail by about 7". I don't have one over 20 yet, have a 30" muley, but can't kill a 20" whitey. They're a rarity in our area. The ones I'm looking for are several years older so let rut wind down and I can start figuring those deer out when they move onto our little refuge.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
here he is last year. That community scrape is very productive for buck surveys. You have to basically crawl in there to one little spot where skidder ruts didn't let anything grow and now the deer have turned it into a highway.

and the 2 I'm looking for (last years pic, had record rain amounts this Summer so I expect 15-20% increase)