So...What are your plans for 2021?

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Only for sure trips at this point, AK salt water fishing trip, Montana for deer (can get an OTC non resident A-tag), Illinois deer on a friends place, Wyoming pronghorn buck (1 or 2 depending), 3 Wyoming elk tags, Wyoming buck deer (1 or 2 depending), black bear.

Applying for most everything in MT, WY, CO, AZ, NV, UT, TX...and a few other states depending. Apply for some raffles for stuff too.

Hard to know for sure until after the draws.

Steve O

Apr 26, 2012
Michigan
Been trying to find an Osceola hunt for a long long time to finish my grand slam and finally am just going to head down to Florida and try to figure it out with a buddy. Finally drew my Gould’s tag in AZ with 29 points and am really looking forward to that. Friend in Idaho wants me to come out later this spring and sturgeon fish on the big rivers out there. Plan to use up my CO deer points this November and will put in for sheep and elk hunts that won’t get in the way of that.

Reactions: Alisa123

mustang8

Jan 30, 2017
Central WI
Hoping to draw our WY archery tag and then id love to buy an enclosed trailer and retro fit it for off grid camping, yet still usable for a snowmobile trailer in the winter time.

Reactions: Alisa123

memtb

Only for sure trips at this point, AK salt water fishing trip, Montana for deer (can get an OTC non resident A-tag), Illinois deer on a friends place, Wyoming pronghorn buck (1 or 2 depending), 3 Wyoming elk tags, Wyoming buck deer (1 or 2 depending), black bear.

Applying for most everything in MT, WY, CO, AZ, NV, UT, TX...and a few other states depending. Apply for some raffles for stuff too.

Hard to know for sure until after the draws.

I’m gonna draw a Mountain Goat License after trying for 35 years! 🙂 Hey.....might as well dream big! 😄 memtb

Reactions: BuzzH

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I’m gonna draw a Mountain Goat License after trying for 35 years! 🙂 Hey.....might as well dream big! 😄 memtb
I applied for goat in Wyoming too...I'd rather someone like you get the tag. BTDT in Montana in 1998, really just being greedy if I get another.

Good luck!

Reactions: memtb

memtb

I applied for goat in Wyoming too...I'd rather someone like you get the tag. BTDT in Montana in 1998, really just being greedy if I get another.

Good luck!
Thanks Buzz. I’m just about too old to pull it off....but hey, it could happen! I looked at my odds for getting another shot at a sheep, maybe I’ll get to hunt with my great grandson’s.... son ! 🤣 memtb

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Hunting feral hogs year round in Texas with any means, prefer spot and stalk archery. Applied for elk and mule deer tags in Utah I most likely won't draw - premium limited entry. I plan to apply for New Mexico elk this year for the 1st time, still trying to do some research on that. Hopefully burn a lot of NR points and draw a 3rd season Mule Deer tag in Colorado. White tail deer hunting in Texas. Will also apply for mule deer and exotics in Texas.

Reactions: LCH

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Plans changed a bit...

WY - Antelope Archery & Rifle or NE Archery Mule Deer
IL - Whitetail Archery (For sure)
IL - 1st gun season (If Drawn)
GA - Gator (If Drawn)
GA - WMA (If Drawn)

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
The only definites for me are Indiana turkey and whitetail, like every year. Aside from that, my plans always look like a poster-sized flowchart of scenarios depending on draws, hunting partners, family plans, etc. Oftentimes by fall, my actual schedule looks nothing like my tentative plans looked back in early application season.

The things that seem most likely right now are a hog hunt in Oklahoma, tagging along and calling/packing on a Wyoming general archery elk hunt, and giving Kansas firearms season a try (I normally like early ML, but it conflicts with the elk hunt).

If I am lucky in any long-shot draws in Wyoming, Arizona, or New Mexico I'll have to manipulate the calendar to make them work.
Well plans have developed a bit in the past couple months. Still far from being all set though.

The archery elk hunt is out, partner withdrew his application. So that frees up two additional weeks of vacation for me to hunt.

Likely hunts at this point are:
Indiana deer
Kansas deer

Decent chance of:
Wyoming cow elk
Colorado early rifle deer
Arizona deer

Long shot odds:
New Mexico elk or deer
Arizona elk
Try to get a really good Colorado reissued tag

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I'm in for:
CO rifle cow draw
CO rifle bull OTC same unit (will buy when they go on sale)
CO rifle mule deer point
CO rifle pronghorn point
UT muzzleloader elk

No archery this year. I hurt my arm so I've been taking it easy, and I don't think I can take the time off work in Sept.