Snow Geese!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
We had decent numbers in our area over the weekend. I got my little guy out with his newly adjusted stock on his 20 gauge. He is finally graduating from the 28 gauge. Good times... Not sure who is happier- My son or the dog?

We also found a stray duck decoy.

Saving the tundra one truck load at a time!
Nice work! Headed out to Kansas on Thursday! Hope we will find some! Glad you and your son got into them! Your son sure is becoming a great shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
He is really doing good. He would give up just about everything in life to be able to hunt. Sure hope he keeps that going through the teenage years. So many kids around here give it up as they discover girls and other "distractions". I'm trying to do my part to keep him outdoors!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Well made it out on our annual snow goose trip! It was a good hunt considering the conditions and the number of birds that were around! We had a great time and it always amazes me watching snow geese work the decoys!
Friday was a complete white out and very difficult conditions!
Saturday was tough in the morning! We had a thin layer of ice on the decoys which made them shine and made the birds wary. Once the sun melted the ice the hunt got much better. We shot a good amount of birds in the afternoon!
Sunday morning was a migration day! A lot of birds but they had heading north on their mind!
It is always a great time with family and friends! Time to put away the waterfowl gear and get ready for turkeys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
These birds have been yo-yoing north and then back south. I currently have my highest numbers of the year. We got out yesterday on lunch break and shot 11. Weird year...

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Made our annual trip to Texas for hogs and was amazed at the number of snow geese in the panhandle and nw Texas when we went down. Way back they were all gone north already. That was Feb. 26- Mar. 4. Should be showing up for you soon.