snow geese

D.Turvey Jr

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
C'mon guys, let's see some more of those white devils! I am missing it hardcore right now. I am extremely focused on turkey right now trying to cure my avian flu symptoms ;) Only four more weeks of suffering...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
We shot 36 last night but didn't have any camera light left after picking them up. Here is the view out my office window right now- very hard to focus on work!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Awesome Hilltop! Sounds like the cow decoy is doing its job! Wish I was still out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.Turvey Jr

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
We shot 36 last night but didn't have any camera light left after picking them up. Here is the view out my office window right now- very hard to focus on work!
Start shooting from the window!!! Man, I couldn't do a thing at work until I shot at them at least!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Awesome Hilltop! Sounds like the cow decoy is doing its job! Wish I was still out there!

It is but it is a pain...I need to make a lighter one. Anyone have any good ideas for making a lighter one that won't be a kite in the wind?

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Hilltop, keep those geese there, I talked to our property owner yesterday and he said the geese headed south to get out of the snow. He's close to Mitchell SD:) We need some more weather to slow them down and for you to shoot more:)

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Hilltop, keep those geese there, I talked to our property owner yesterday and he said the geese headed south to get out of the snow. He's close to Mitchell SD:) We need some more weather to slow them down and for you to shoot more:)
They are holding here for now... I shot 6 on my lunch break an hour ago. I stalked a flock that had 20k+....huge flock. My lab has actually learned how to crawl with me lol. I'll try to get video of it this weekend.

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
We got 5" of snow two days ago and dropped down into the single digits. Warming up today with a South wind, and the weekends will bring temps into the 50's.

I want a cow decoy.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
There is another huge flock about a 1/2 mile from my office today. Wish I had some help to carry all the geese I'm going to shoot over lunch break! Nothing migrating north recently over the past week. Squaw creek refuge near Mound city MO is reporting over 1 million geese right now so I think I'll be shooting for a couple more weeks! Good luck to everyone out there.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Good luck Hilltop! You are making me want to head back out that way! If I wasn't looking at new trucks this weekend I just might! Post some pics of the smack down!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I was just a little late getting out. Most of the flock made it to the safety of the center of the swamp- no time for waders on lunch break lol. I did manage to take a couple stragglers as they passed by. The public land hunting in my area is great - Nebraska Game and Parks is doing a nice job.

Here is a view of the flock from the north. About half the birds are in the air with the other half still on the water. My office is directly behind the birds in the little town of Utica. I feel really lucky to live so close to great hunting.