Savage Axis/Ruger American.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Is the 7 a youth model? I dont really want a youth model because I dont want to get her something she will grow out of in a few years and the lighter smaller guns usually kick a bit more.
She may never outgrow a youth model... Many women need a youth model as an adult. My wife and sister in law both require a youth model. They can shoot an adult but the length of pull is wrong. I think many adults make the mistake of shooting a gun with too long a length of pull which negatively impacts accuracy.

RUGER M77

Dec 26, 2012
I'd buy the ruger I know people who have both my grandpa hates his savage axis but I have a buddy that has one and he loves it lol another buddy has an all American in 308 he loves it accurate good shootin gun

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Is the 7 a youth model? I dont really want a youth model because I dont want to get her something she will grow out of in a few years and the lighter smaller guns usually kick a bit more.
One thing to keep in mind, If she out grows the lop on the stock. You can buy a replacement stock from boyds & they are nice. Just a thought.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
One thing to keep in mind, If she out grows the lop on the stock. You can buy a replacement stock from boyds & they are nice. Just a thought.
Can likely catch a B&C Medalist on sale at stockystocks for roughly the same $.

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
My boss told me his son in law just bough his grandson an Axis. He said it is accurate but has a cheap fill to it. The quality isn't there but it is a cheap rifle so if it shoots well then I guess it is a good deal for what it is.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
The Axis and American both have a cheap feel to them to me. The bolts fit kinda loosely too. I am really leaning toward the Savage 11 but I havent found the right deal on 1 without a scope and I dont really like the Nikon BDC scope they come with. The circles look like they could be kinda confusing to a young shooter. Another gun I have found in this price range is the Mossberg ATR.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
The Axis and American both have a cheap feel to them to me. The bolts fit kinda loosely too. I am really leaning toward the Savage 11 but I havent found the right deal on 1 without a scope and I dont really like the Nikon BDC scope they come with. The circles look like they could be kinda confusing to a young shooter. Another gun I have found in this price range is the Mossberg ATR.
My vote still goes to the single shot.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2