S4 Sniper’s Hide Equipment

ErikHimmel

Nov 28, 2019
USA
rangerexpert.com
Decided to buy a real decent range bag to haul two handguns, two sets of eye and ear protections, ammo, and whatever else I might need. Thought this would be an easy task but after looking at a bunch online and reading the pro's and con's am still pretty much in the dark. Looking at the local brick and mortar stores there is nothing I'd consider to be outstanding. I want to buy once so quality is the operative word.
What do you guys recommend?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
look at eberlestock . might find what your looking for there.
Yes, I will echo this. Eberlestock makes some great CC and range bag options. There is also a 15% off discount for TagHub members going live today for eberlestock.com, so you have that going for you if you are a member.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I have this one from Midway:

I love it. It's very rugged with strong zippers. The top/main compartment has a double zipper pull that opens quickly and gives you a wide mouth to drop in ammo boxes, spotting scopes, pistols, or other big items. There's one full-length and two half-length side pockets - I can't tell from the current photos if they've changed it (they don't show the smaller pockets opened up) but mine have AR-style mag pockets on one side and pistol on the other. And there are smaller pockets on the ends that are just right for eyes+ears, small items/tools, and a dedicated water bottle pocket. The whole thing sheds water pretty well, and so far I've had it nearly 3 years with no sign of wear.

I keep mine "ready to go" at all times. I always have a useful mix of shells and cartridges on hand anyway, so this is one less "bugout" item I need to think about.

Edit: Looks like they now have two basically identical bags, one specifically for AR and one for pistol. IMO the AR mag pockets are a little clumsy - I think flaps and velcro aren't super useful INSIDE a bag - they just hinder access. I prefer the pistol style... but YMMV.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Am I still the only one here who shows up with a decent sized cardboard box with all of my crap in it? lol

Reactions: Winchester

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I don't know Erik. Since you provided a link to the article you have written on your website why don't you tell us?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Hmmmm. Two hyper links within your question about range bags and 1 of them is a link to 'range bag reviews'.
Interesting..... :sleep:
if this is spam he’s stops by periodically and likes a few posts to stay off Scott’s radar. I saw this earlier but this post didn’t post to thread.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I have this one from Midway:

I love it. It's very rugged with strong zippers. The top/main compartment has a double zipper pull that opens quickly and gives you a wide mouth to drop in ammo boxes, spotting scopes, pistols, or other big items. There's one full-length and two half-length side pockets - I can't tell from the current photos if they've changed it (they don't show the smaller pockets opened up) but mine have AR-style mag pockets on one side and pistol on the other. And there are smaller pockets on the ends that are just right for eyes+ears, small items/tools, and a dedicated water bottle pocket. The whole thing sheds water pretty well, and so far I've had it nearly 3 years with no sign of wear.

I keep mine "ready to go" at all times. I always have a useful mix of shells and cartridges on hand anyway, so this is one less "bugout" item I need to think about.

Edit: Looks like they now have two basically identical bags, one specifically for AR and one for pistol. IMO the AR mag pockets are a little clumsy - I think flaps and velcro aren't super useful INSIDE a bag - they just hinder access. I prefer the pistol style... but YMMV.
That’s the bag I have!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Hmmmm. Two hyper links within your question about range bags and 1 of them is a link to 'range bag reviews'.
Interesting..... :sleep:
if this is spam he’s stops by periodically and likes a few posts to stay off Scott’s radar. I saw this earlier but this post didn’t post to thread.
Cleverly disguising his posts to drive traffic to his website.

Reactions: Bonecollector