Puppies first day home...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
480/277,

That's the rough part to owning one of these amazing dogs. I have lost 4 now in my life and each one becomes harder. They become so much of your life that its like loosing a member of the family when they go. My mom has come to the point that she won't get another dog because it is just too painful to lose one. To me the good far outweighs the bad... I'm thinking hard about gifting her one this spring. She will be upset at first but love the next 10 years after.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Yep...that's the down side. I've had 5 dogs now, on my 6th. All Labs except for 1 Springer Spaniel. Every one has been a wonderful companion and hunter. Hard to deal with losing them when the time comes. The last one was 13 1/2 when we had to put her down. Had her cremated and scattered her ashes in our pond where she spent hours on end swimming and chasing the fish. mOLLY & GEESE ii.jpgmOLLY.jpg This is Molly our last lab.

arwaterfowler

Dec 4, 2011
Omaha, NE
Havent been able to post pics of my new Pup until now. Boomer has been doing very well. He just hit 12 weeks today. Great manners and LOVES retrieving. Really good at SIT. Improving at STAY, DOWN and HEEL. Best yet - easiest job I've ever had at housebreaking.

DSC_0118.jpgDSC_0243.jpg

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Havent been able to post pics of my new Pup until now. Boomer has been doing very well. He just hit 12 weeks today. Great manners and LOVES retrieving. Really good at SIT. Improving at STAY, DOWN and HEEL. Best yet - easiest job I've ever had at housebreaking.

View attachment 12120View attachment 12121
Boomer's brother is doing well too. We got to puppy sit for a few hours and man is he full of energy. Not shy at all either. Seems like a great litter of pups.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Well, not a lab.....but he's a retrieving fool. And loves shed deer antlers. German versatile breed (track wounded game, upland, waterfowl). Meet my 10 month old Pudelpointer, Grimm.

Last edited: