Poacher sentenced

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
A "gentleman" was recently sentenced for a 21 count complaint on the Kenai Peninsula. He wasted 3 moose plus other charges;

Fined $100,000
Jailed 9 months
forfeit rifle and ATV
No hunting for 3 years.

I would have liked more than 3 years loss of hunting privileges, but hey, the rest of the sentence is a pretty good start!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
he got off lite.
should kill him. revive him
kill him. revive him.

then kill him and toss his body into the nearest human waste facility.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Nice work by AK game and fish.

Here in NE, ranch-hand shot five speed-goats out of season...game and parks was driving down highway and caught them red-handed. $5,000 fine, no loss of hunting privileges.

Ranchers here hate antelope...not sure if that played in to the sentence. Attorney may have done a good job...who knows.

I've got two buddies who live in AK. Said when the game and fish wardens approach people, they often do so with handguns drawn.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012

Here in NE, ranch-hand shot five speed-goats out of season...game and parks was driving down highway and caught them red-handed. $5,000 fine, no loss of hunting privileges.

Ranchers here hate antelope...not sure if that played in to the sentence. Attorney may have done a good job...who knows.

I've got two buddies who live in AK. Said when the game and fish wardens approach people, they often do so with handguns drawn.
I'm not sure I agree with your buddies on the handgun thing. That was my career, and I never approached anyone that way. Things may have gone sour after I retired though!!

Last edited:

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I'm not sure I agree with your buddies on the handgun thing. That was my career, and I never approached anyone that way. Things may have sour after I retired though!!
Been approached by law enforcement in AK, they were polite and professional.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I think that would all depend on what the people that are being approached were doing at the time.

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie

This was the one that really pissed me off.
http://www.biggamehunt.net/blogs/bghjournal/25-antelope-fall-prey-poaching-nebraska

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
I think that would all depend on what the people that are being approached were doing at the time.
They were fishing on the Kenai River, said to have been way off the beaten path.

That's the story he tells...but thinking back on it...he did tend to embellish a bit.

I quote friend of mine often when she states, "the truth is probably somewhere in the middle..."

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Im glad they got caught, its a good start! I just wish they would take peoples privileges for longer rather than the steep fines. Money is no object to some so its often times just a slap on the wrist. Although 100,000 is a good number!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Im glad they got caught, its a good start! I just wish they would take peoples privileges for longer rather than the steep fines. Money is no object to some so its often times just a slap on the wrist. Although 100,000 is a good number!
taking priviledges is meaningless . these people have already shown they have zero respect for law .

take their life and they will poach no more. all else is but a slap on the wrist.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Take their drivers license, confiscate weapons, vehicles, gear and sell them at auction.

Put the money in a fund for public access.

Taking lives may be extreme. But I get where you are going with it.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Wow, I thought $100,000 and nine months in jail was actually a pretty good sentence.
it's pretty good but poaching is like theft for me .
I have no use, respect or sympathy for scum who would steal from another. nor should our society as a whole.

they a have shown themselves to have zero respect for the law and their fellow man.

wisest coarse of action is to simply remove them from existence.

same goes for the illegal invaders down at the border who are demanding to enter our nation.

Last edited: