Plantar fasciitus

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Anyone tried any insoles that help with this? I went to the doctor today and he told me I should not wear my cowboy boots every day, gave me some stretches to do, and told me to stay off my feet when possible. Working on the ranch staying off my feet won’t work, going to do the other options. I just wondered if I should put Lathrop & Sons or similar insoles in some work boots. Thanks.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Anyone tried any insoles that help with this? I went to the doctor today and he told me I should not wear my cowboy boots every day, gave me some stretches to do, and told me to stay off my feet when possible. Working on the ranch staying off my feet won’t work, going to do the other options. I just wondered if I should put Lathrop & Sons or similar insoles in some work boots. Thanks.
Super Feet green insoles, changed my life.
I have 3 pairs, 2 in my everyday shoe and work boot and a third to put in whatever hunting boot i'm wearing that day. Worth every single penny, and they last years!

88man

Feb 20, 2014
Pa
I have had feet issues as my feet are pancake flat. Do the roller exercises> Take advil> Rest the feet and ice them.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
go to the ,GOOD feet store .. they will fix you up. my niece has had issues with her feet for years (20+). after several surgeries ,that didn't help she finally went to the good feet store and is now like one of those cases you see in their commercials. she said when they gave her the insoles it was ,instant relief from the pain she has lived with for years and she said she actually wept, because she never thought it would be possible to walk without pain again.

I can see how much easier it is for her to get around now. I was not a believer. I am now!!!!
if you are in pain, don't wait . go see them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mcseal2

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Its amazing the difference a good pair of insoles can do. Superfeet are great. I've also had good luck with Powerstep and they are about 1/2 the price of superfeet.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Thanks guys I'll check into those. I stole the Lathrop and Sons insoles out of my hunting boots to go in my work boots today, I'll run those until I can get to town and check other options.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Get some really good insoles if you have the money get some made special for your feet. My brother had to do this cause his got so bad and it worked wonders. I've had it a few different times mild cases. what I used to do after work was roll a frozen water bottle on the floor using the foot . It provides some relief after a long day on your feet. Another thing my doctor told me was to not walk bare foot in the house I have a pair of slippers I use for around the house. Said it helps support/cushion your foot.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I had it for almost a year and a half a few years ago. I tried all the stuff....insoles, rolling on frozen water bottles, ibuprofen, etc.... My wife read in a runners' magazine that wearing flip flops is great rehab for plantar fasciitis. We were in Hawaii at the time. She bought me some flip flops in the hotel store. I wore them all week, even though I'd always HATED flip flops all my life. Couldn't stand to have anything between my toes. Anyhow, by the time we got home, my foot felt almost back to normal. I kept wearing the flip flops as much as possible - even to the office a few days that first week back. In a couple more weeks' time I was healed up.

When you wear flip flops, you have to kinda use your toes to grab and hang on to the shoes while you walk to keep them from flying off your feet. That little flexing of the bottom of your foot (plantar fascia) while you walk with them is apparently good exercise. It strengthened the tendon, I guess. And it healed up. All the other stuff I'd been trying was the opposite. Everything else was resting and babying it, rather than strengthening it.

Now I wear flip flops a good bit (not during winter). I haven't had an issue with PF since.

chiefgobbler

Jun 26, 2011
Central California
I have had success with Lathrop and Son inserts in some boots for my plantar faciitis issues. However; I bought Lowa boots from Lathrop and Sons with the special insoles, spent a large sum of cash and they did not work for me. Every time I wear them I have problems. I think the issue for me is with boots that have a rigid sole that does not flex. I wear Kennetrek Terrane and Danners with no issues. I do all of the stretches and some of the other treatments listed in the previous posts as prescribed by my podiatrist. They do help.

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
The insoles will help...best thing I did was the exercises , stretch that area of foot, best thing I found was to freeze a 16 oz water bottle, roll with your foot, that helped a bunch.

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
A water bottle frozen and roll your feet out every night for 15 minutes and then just ice them for additional 10 minutes. Do this for 3 weeks and you will know a considerable difference..

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I'm doing the water bottle rolling and got several insoles to try. I am going to try to get this whipped, I know it will take some time though.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Bonecollector

NE69

Jan 6, 2013
Southwest Nebraska
Good advice from all. I had this about 6 years ago, worse in the right foot than the left. Lived with the pain for too long and finally went to a foot doctor. He gave me a steroid shot, was about like driving a 16 penny nail in your heel. That helped a couple months. Next he said he would do surgery, that would fix it. I had the surgery and lost quite a bit of feeling due to nerve damage from the surgery and still had plantar fasciitis pain in the right foot. It’s slowly improved through therapy but still get cramps at night in that foot but most of the nerve tingle has left. I would never do the surgery again. I got some bad advice from the doctor. Physical therapy on your own will have better results.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I have known a few people that have gotten surgery on their feet . never talked to one yet that had a good outcome.each and every individual ,I know ,was worse off afterwards then they where going in.

I am NOT saying don't get the surgery . just saying ,do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions ,first

brian.320

Feb 27, 2011
my wife had this she is a registered nurse 20 years now doctor advised against surgery she went to sioux falls and had her foot checked out and they made her custom fit insoles it has helped out bigtime

brian.320

Feb 27, 2011
if i remember right they were about twice the amount of a top end pair of hunting boots sorry but your feet can be your soul

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
My spouse suffered this for months. Started doing recommended stretching and ice. Eventually her pain an discomfort went away. She still does the stretches everyday though...

brian.320

Feb 27, 2011
my wife did the same thing but her falling arches was the problem i think its probably different on a case by different basics just trying to help