pa elk hunting

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Your wasting your time. Your odds in being drawn are similar to hitting the power-ball.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
No I dont think you understand. Have you seen how bad the odds truly are?

I did the math once and if you were in the drawing for 15 years your odds in drawing a cow tag were still 1:10 or 1:15 or something like that. Its nothing more than a money racket....

Its your money to blow as you guys see fit. I am just giving you a heads up.

Reactions: Winchester

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

This is not "new" but it shows you just how bad your odds are......

Having said all of that I do personally know a guy who drew and he killed an absolute monster of a bull.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winchester

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
^^ Thanks Mallards.
I do understand, I'm originally from PA and I still get the PA Game News and I keep updated on such things.
You are correct, the odds are terrible, but there are other tags out west with similarly bad odds.
I'm not advocating for folks to enter that draw ... I don't because I live in CO now and I figure I'll leave the PA elk for the PA folks.
I guess I'm just saying we all put in for a least a couple of tags each year with some pretty terrible odds.
Like a wise man once said ... can't win if you don't play! (I think that was kidoggy)

Reactions: mallardsx2

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I apply for an out of reach moose tag every year. Actually had a friend of a friend draw it (38) with 2 points several years back. He shot a nice bull with his bow. It's fun to day dream about while the application is in but it stinks letting them hold 2k for a while.

Skibum81

Sep 18, 2015
Denver, CO
Both PA and KY are an Extremely cheap donations for a lottery type odds at a great tag. No reason not to apply, especially if you are already applying in long shots like NV and UT, which are extremely expensive.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Both PA and KY are an Extremely cheap donations for a lottery type odds at a great tag. No reason not to apply, especially if you are already applying in long shots like NV and UT, which are extremely expensive.
Are there any of these PA elk on public land? Is there any public land in PA that's not overrun with hunters or all the elk on private land.