Oregon Trying to Ban Hunting

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
OK, but always the devil's advocate, there's some heavy click bait here. OREGON isn't trying to ban hunting. There's a ballot initiative which is a pretty low bar. In 2012 there was one in Arizona to make it so the Grand Canyon was owned by AZ residents, not all Americans. There was another in SF a few years ago to ban sitting on the sidewalk. Ballot initiatives are just ideas people have. They need like 100k signatures to even get this thing on the ballot, and even if they do that doesn't mean it will pass.

Don't let the boogeyman ruin your day folks. Have a Happy 4th.

Reactions: Gr8bawana

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Ballot initiatives can be really detrimental to those it is aimed at. You and I just experienced one that would (and did!) by law make Colorado come up with a plan to restock wolves. It passed by a bare majority and sportsman's money is being spent to restock wolves. It will happen here because of a few thousand voters more voted yes than no.

I also went thru the same thing 25 or so years ago banning the hunting of Mt Lions. It also passed . It could happen in Oregon too.

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
If it gets on the ballot. And if it passes. Then I guess it's on for free hunting and fishing in Oregon. With no one to enforce their stupid ideas. They want to defund the cops anyway. And without license and tag money, none will.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
If I lived in Oregon, I would be writing, letters to newspapers and donating money to the folks who are organizing AGAINST this movement.
We are and Oregon Hunters Association is making sure to stay on top of this. Ballot measures (even ridiculous overreaching ones like this one) are always a little scary in OR due to the population dynamics (a couple cities out number the rest of the state).

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
OK, but always the devil's advocate, there's some heavy click bait here. OREGON isn't trying to ban hunting. There's a ballot initiative which is a pretty low bar. In 2012 there was one in Arizona to make it so the Grand Canyon was owned by AZ residents, not all Americans. There was another in SF a few years ago to ban sitting on the sidewalk. Ballot initiatives are just ideas people have. They need like 100k signatures to even get this thing on the ballot, and even if they do that doesn't mean it will pass.

Don't let the boogeyman ruin your day folks. Have a Happy 4th.
Don't discount an army of idiot Liberal voters. You do so at your own peril.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
That's exactly how the Wolf BS passed here in Colorado. Denver & Boulder !
Don't forget no spring bear hunts or chasing them with dogs, trapping is almost nonexistent due to regulations, plus if you shoot it you are suppose to eat it. Some animals are fine to eat but some predators belong in the trash.

All thanks to the front range here in Colorado.

Reactions: MuleyHunter

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
only in oregon!!!! what a joke,,,but leave it up to the crazy liberals in portland and it might get on the ballot!! after all they revoted that worthless ted wheeler back as the mayer of the most f ---- u- city on the west coast..portland is ugly now,and a scary place,,,crazy here.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I know I shouldn't say it but it needs to be said ," it is my opinion that there is none more despicable then any who would still vote liberal. (democrat) those who do , deserve every bad thing that happens to them and I hope and pray terrible things would happen to them sooner rather then later! no joke , I believe this to be true with every fiber of my being!"

my greatest wish for all liberals AND those who vote for liberal policies is for them to live long and suffer!

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The problem is that we all suffer with them when we are in a liberal ran state
I get that, believe me . I see the same bowlshart creeping into my own state. I actually thank GOD I don't have many years left because I doubt 50 years from now there will be any place left in this nation I would wish to live.
I pity the few children left who are still worth pity.

I would put forth that is is only "liberal ran "because most conservatives lack the courage of their convictions and are scared to speak the truth for fear of being silenced .

it is funny really , because by doing so , they have already been effectively silenced!!!!!

while I believe all liberals to be despicable individuals , I find that to be fair and balanced , I should also acknowledge that most conservatives are bigger cowards even then the liberal slime that has apparently bested them.

don't misunderstand, I am NOT saying YOU are a coward . because I don't know you, search deep and decide for yourself.. but most conservatives are.

there was a time I could forgive those who voted with their hearts instead of their minds. no more !!!!

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I’ve never voted on the liberal end....ever. But I use to try and see both sides of politics and believe there was some sort of balance. But after the last few years, I can not EVER see how one would vote liberal ever. There’s no facts or common sense involved in their ideas whatsoever. It’s flat out disgusting!

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
Oregon used to be a hard working state with proud men and women. Today it is sadly turned into a wasteland of poverty and drugs. Timber that was planted for harvest and revenue now just burns. The old growth is included with what burns. Man those clear cuts sure were ugly! All the while I haven’t heard how the spotted owls are doing... I do know the deer herds are in the worst shape in decades and possibly centuries. The wolfs, bears, cougars and coyotes are doing well! Unemployment pays better than entry level skilled trade jobs do. And now they are wanting to make hunting illegal so the f—-king pot heads dont feel bad for the poor animals as they shit on our sidewalks.

FYI I’m not a Democrat!