Official Post Padding Thread

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Thanks U H! he officially scored 76 and took 2nd place at the local hunting show this year! 1st went to a monster from NM that I really didnt mind loosing 1st to at all! My deer didnt score well which I knew when I shot him but Im proud of him!

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Thanks U H! he officially scored 76 and took 2nd place at the local hunting show this year! 1st went to a monster from NM that I really didnt mind loosing 1st to at all! My deer didnt score well which I knew when I shot him but Im proud of him!
I would have shot both! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I didn't draw any super duper limited entry units this year, so I'll be needing some GPS coordinates to your best elk spots. You can PM me, if you don't want to post your honey holes on the internetz.

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
Anyone get the new EHJ? Just wondering what people thought. 14 hunts featured 9 of them guided or private property. Can't wait for the public land DIY issue.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Just got back in from a five mile boot break in. I don't think these Lowes are going to need much. The new insoles make a huge difference.!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Just got back in from a five mile boot break in. I don't think these Lowes are going to need much. The new insoles make a huge difference.!
25C.....Okay...now this is interesting. I am looking for new boots. I ordered two pairs I am trying out, the Lowa Tibets and the Crispi Nevadas. Which Lowas are you using?

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
25C.....Okay...now this is interesting. I am looking for new boots. I ordered two pairs I am trying out, the Lowa Tibets and the Crispi Nevadas. Which Lowas are you using?
I have the Lowa Tibet GTX boots. I have only put about 20 miles on them but have not had any issues with break in. Very comfortable no hot spots so far. I have been wearing a medium weight CoolMax sock with them. I also put in the Lanthrop Senergy gel Insole. The new Tibets are a little different than the older boot. I really like the newer I-lock lacing system really locks the lower lacing before the ankle so the lacing doesn't slip any while lacing the upper part of the boot. It is also easy to release when removing the boot. I really thought they would require a break in but so far they haven't needed a thing. Next week I will probably throw on a pack and see how they do. I think the are designed for 50+ lb packs, which we all hope we will need at the end of the day! They are a little heavier than I am used to but the comfort makes up for the little extra weight.

Last edited:

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I have the Lowa Tibet GTX boots. I have only put about 20 miles on them but have not had any issues with break in. Very comfortable no hot spots so far. I have been wearing a medium weight CoolMax sock with them. I also put in the Lanthrop Senergy gel Insole. The new Tibets are a little different than the older boot. I really like the newer I-lock lacing system really locks the lower lacing before the ankle so the lacing doesn't slip any while lacing the upper part of the boot. It is also easy to release when removing the boot. I really thought they would require a break in but so far they haven't needed a thing. Next week I will probably throw on a pack and see how they do. I think the are designed for 50+ lb packs, which we all hope we will need at the end of the day! They are a little heavier than I am used to but the comfort makes up for the little extra weight.
Nice report 25C. That is the exact Lowa boot I have here (the new 2013 model). I ordered two sizes from Zappos to try out the fit. The lacing system is great and I like how you can lock the tongue position too. I've been a bit concerned about the weight, though they are lighter than my old Meindls and about the same as my Kennetreks (that tear up my heals). I have been doing more and more early season hunting in light weight hikers, but I often trash these out in a few weeks of hard hunting.