Official Post Padding Thread

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I don't miss working out of town, I did that for many years. Its nice working 25 minutes from home.

Holy smokes 99 is hot, I don't know how you guys can stand that kind of heat for so many days of the year. We still had frost on the glass here last Thursday morning. IKIC your a smart man getting into the line of work your in!

Thanks. It sure can be miserable on the roofs all summer long at 120 degrees! We have to start early and do our roof top work by 10am then stay off till around 5pm. I honestly like the four seasons we have. But I hate the heat!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
. Holy smokes 99 is hot, I don't know how you guys can stand that kind of heat for so many days of the year.
It was so hot in Iraq that when I came home on leave in July I wore my heavy carhartt coat when I went to visit my friend when it was 97 and I was still cold! Its gotten a little better but I still get cold alot easier then I used to.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
It was so hot in Iraq that when I came home on leave in July I wore my heavy carhartt coat when I went to visit my friend when it was 97 and I was still cold! Its gotten a little better but I still get cold alot easier then I used to.
Thats crazy. I don't deal with heat very well, I have a tough time when it gets 90 or above.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
It's going to be a lovely 93 today with 90% humidity after the 2" of rain yesterday. Just a warm-up for the 100+ degree days with high humidity. Only 1 way to deal with that kind of pressure cooker & that's to ice down a few cold ones, grab a rod & reel, put on your wading shoes and get chest deep in one of the bays.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Sí! Hereford is a new one, have had too many heifers the last cpl years and have lost interest pulling that many calves.
That blonde one sure looks tasty! Hard to come across those around here. We usually end up with angus/longhorn crosses for table fare. Or alot of corriente mixes.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
That blonde one sure looks tasty! Hard to come across those around here. We usually end up with angus/longhorn crosses for table fare. Or alot of corriente mixes.
There's a lot of Charolais in our area. Breeding stock is a good mix of breeds, some angusX, but black has been getting the gate in the show circuits in recent years.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I'm already trying to brainwash our kid by allowing him to look at important literature :D

Packmule you should be shot for giving that poor innocent child that propaganda. I'll send you some real reading materials to give him so he'll grow up healthy and balanced. ROLL TIDE!!!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
Packmule you should be shot for giving that poor innocent child that propaganda. I'll send you some real reading materials to give him so he'll grow up healthy and balanced. ROLL TIDE!!!
That would be considered blasphemy in this household :D