Official Post Padding Thread

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Been busy with work and other activities recently. A few forum users make for an unpleasant experience at times as well.
How's the fishing going there? Weather is uncooperative here so it's been hit n miss. Nothing caught to speak of yet.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Fishing has been very slow. Water needs to get hot before we get after the crappies very good.
Been doing some bowfishing.

I was up your way (kinda sorta) in Illinois at my deer lease last weekend hanging stands. Next time I go up I hope to have my bow in my hand.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
There are basically 4 groups of people regarding hunting:

Someone people like to hunt.
Some people like to hunt but dont like others hunting.
Some people dont like to hunt but dont mind hunting.
Some people dont like hunting and dont like people hunting.

I am sure there is a mixture of the above that goes on in this country.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Me too, especially the comments from some of the Wyoming residents. I have hunted Wyoming as a NR (both guided and on my own) since 1980 and have never heard so much anti NR hunter crap.
I actually understand the 90:10 argument and don’t blame the residents for pushing it. But, the way that NRs are described and disrespected by some on the forum makes me want to look elsewhere to spend my hunting money. I have hunted Wyoming 15 times and have almost always been treated very well by the residents.
I’m glad I am not the only one who thinks this way!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I actually understand the 90:10 argument and don’t blame the residents for pushing it. But, the way that NRs are described and disrespected by some on the forum makes me want to look elsewhere to spend my hunting money. I have hunted Wyoming 15 times and have almost always been treated very well by the residents.
I’m glad I am not the only one who thinks this way!
if you don't like that don't come to idaho. :ROFLMAO: 🤪 naw come ahead ! just stay out of my units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Reactions: dan maule

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
if you don't like that don't come to idaho. :ROFLMAO: 🤪 naw come ahead ! just stay out of my units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
I’ve been to Idaho, probably my favorite place. My first day in the Frank Church I was in total awe. I was a horrible elk hunter because I couldn’t stop admiring the scenery.
By the way what unit do you hunt in again?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I’ve been to Idaho, probably my favorite place. My first day in the Frank Church I was in total awe. I was a horrible elk hunter because I couldn’t stop admiring the scenery.
By the way what unit do you hunt in again?
all of em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

it's funny , I'VE been in idaho for 50 years and never been in the church. I have hunted the border on the west side , though. killed a small bull elk there and a real heavy 3x3 buck . that was pert near 30 years ago.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
all of em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

it's funny , I'VE been in idaho for 50 years and never been in the church. I have hunted the border on the west side , though. killed a small bull elk there and a real heavy 3x3 buck . that was pert near 30 years ago.
I was there in 2008, seen more wolf tracks than elk tracks. We went in about 10 miles from big creek. I shot a decent mule deer, biggest body I’ve seen. It was down in hole of course and just about killed our selves getting it out. Never found any elk but one of the best weeks of my life. Even had a wolverine messing around near our camp.

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
all in all sounds like a pretty good trip.

around here the elks behavior has certainly changed with the wolf. they tend to come down to the flatlands about a month sooner then they used to.
I have also noticed that they tend to stay closer to the deep pools in the river in the winter . was told it was so they could get in the water to escape the wolves harrassment. don't know if that is true or not but it is for sure something they didn't used to do.

Last edited: