New England Moose Hunting

wyoming_man

Mar 1, 2011
Cowboy Country!!
Well, New Hampshire had their drawing yesterday. Same as usual for me, no luck!! :p Maine has their drawing today. Guess we will see how that pans out. Vermont does not draw for quite awhile. Anyone else on here apply for back there?

wyoming_man

Mar 1, 2011
Cowboy Country!!
Maine has posted. I was looking for my name and sure enough there it was! But wait!! I don't live in Maine! Guess that I didn't draw there either. Now I wait for Wyoming and Vermont.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
I've been applying for about 12 years. Never drawn. After drawing a Wyoming moose tag this year, I changed my apps in Maine & NH to points only.

wyoming_man

Mar 1, 2011
Cowboy Country!!
After drawing a Wyoming moose tag this year, I changed my apps in Maine & NH to points only.
What unit did you draw here in WY? If its nearby I can go out and let you know what I see. Going to try rifle only or come out during bow season?

I do points only from time to time depending on whats going on that year. My wife is a New Englander so it makes for an easy sell if I ever do draw!!

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
I drew WY unit 20. I was going to do archery, but I drew a New Mexico archery elk tag, so I'm going to head there Sept. 12-22, then likely head to Denver to take a break and work a few days. Then up to Wyoming if the weather is cold. I can work in our Denver office as long as I want, but was told the peak rut was the last week of Sept & first week of October, depending on weather.