My Coues Buck is Home

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, after waiting for a little over 13 months my coues buck is finally home. He will change locations on the wall a few times but here are a couple of pictures.

He was scored at 121 and some change. Well within the minimum if I decided to enter him into the books.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Sweet looking buck and nice mount Jim! Congratulations again. This species is on my bucket list-the shallow one. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Great Coues,Thats a beautiful Rack!
Are you going to start an "Arizona Wall"?
Coatimundi/Mule Deer.Javelina/Coues Deer?:cool:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Great Coues,Thats a beautiful Rack!
Are you going to start an "Arizona Wall"?
Coatimundi/Mule Deer.Javelina/Coues Deer?:cool:
If I could find a Coatimundi I just might but I have never seen one out there. I did see a bob cat on the second day and then on our way out of Globe Sunday morning I had two of them run across the road right in front of me.

Sadly I doubt that I will ever get enough points to go after a mule deer from down there where I want to go hunt them, up in the Kibab. But in 2016 on my coues hunt I saw a monster of a mule deer buck sitting 100 yards off of the road just laying under a bush. He would of been dead during a rifle hunt but at the time it was archery season and we didn't tell anyone about him.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
JimP really deserved this one. He was a great help to me before a CO hunt a couple years ago, and followed that up by meeting me in the field, and even inviting me home to clean up some and repair my truck. Continued good luck to him, and perhaps we can hunt somewhere together someday.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
JimP really deserved this one. He was a great help to me before a CO hunt a couple years ago, and followed that up by meeting me in the field, and even inviting me home to clean up some and repair my truck. Continued good luck to him, and perhaps we can hunt somewhere together someday.
This sounds like Jim. Good Dude!