Mo money

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Im on it , i might wait and see if there's any good deals coming up on black Friday. It seems like everyone consensus to go with the 10 x42 ? I kind of liked the idea of having 15 x56 and just meet in the middle. I guess the negative to that would be carrying the extra weight and not being able to zoom down ? Im all in on the binoculars first though 👍

the 15s will have to be on a tripod to see anything. I can steady my 12s for short periods of time but 10x if your going to be hand held.

Reactions: mosquito

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I can say that the only time that I felt that my 10x42's weren't powerful enough was on my coues deer hunt.

I could spot the deer but had a hard time putting antlers on their heads. Even my partner who had some 15x ones would switch over to the spotter to make sure of what they were

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Has anyone ever used or know anyone who has the vortex fury 10x42 rangefinder binoculars. Or the sig. I do like the warranty with vortex. A bit past my intended buget but whatever 😂

Last edited:

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I know a couple of guys with the leica range finding bino that really like them. I think about 1600 on camofire

RayleighsDad

Nov 3, 2011
Texas
Check out texasbinoman.com he is around Austin, Tx. He carries a great supply of used high end optics, I have bought several bino's from him over the years because I couldn't afford retail prices!

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Ok well i got a second had furry hd ( gen 2 ) shipped to my door for 900.00 . I couldn't wait around or is was going to be gone . The cheapest i found online was 1200 plus tax so i think i did ok. If i don't like it i can resell it. I really don't think ill loose much if any. I also needed a rangefinder so ...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Ok well i got a second had furry hd ( gen 2 ) shipped to my door for 900.00 . I couldn't wait around or is was going to be gone . The cheapest i found online was 1200 plus tax so i think i did ok. If i don't like it i can resell it. I really don't think ill loose much if any. I also needed a rangefinder so ...
Please leave some feedback after you get a chance to use it. I have been looking at them as well.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The one thing that I have always wondered about the Vortex brand is that there is a refurbish site where you can purchase refurbished Vortex optics after they have been sent back to the factory for warranty service and repaired.

I do have a older model Razor spotting scope that looks well made and the only complaint that I have with it is that the lens caps didn't come with tethers. I contacted Vortex about it and the tech said that he would pass the suggestion that they need them along. In my book that and a couple of bucks will get me a cup of coffee some place.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Optics expenses add up quick. They are the one thing that is worth spending to the max of your budget on!

Reactions: kidoggy

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Please leave some feedback after you get a chance to use it. I have been looking at them as well.
Will do although im the first to admit ive never really looked through a good pair . All the reviews i read basically said there no swaros or ziess ( glass quality) most said there better than the vipers and not quite to the razor's level.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I have an older pair of Leica 10x42, I believe the Trinovids. They are an awesome pair of binos. Light enough, yet clear enough from dawn til dusk. I picked up a Vortex Razor spotter for a good price. I really like the clarity of it. I only pack it half the time though. My dad has a Leica spotter. Very nice, but very pricey! Most of the time, the spotter is used from the truck or a base camp. But I am a FIRM believer in good optics. Spend a little more money and it’ll help you in the long run!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Has anyone ever used or know anyone who has the vortex fury 10x42 rangefinder binoculars. Or the sig. I do like the warranty with vortex. A bit past my intended buget but whatever 😂
I have used them both, even reviewed the Vortex when they first came out.

NathLean

Sep 21, 2020
Arizona Phoenix
Everyone wants to make more money, to have a better life and that's something normal. If you feel that you need to start doing something and there are a lot of websites who can show, tell you a lot of ways how to start making money. And after deciding what you want to do, you need to put a lot of hard work and start doing something. It is not easy, but I can guarantee you if you fill succeed you will find the light in the tunnel and you fill better with a larger wallet.

Last edited: