Missed shot starts grass fire

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
I agree with kidoggy I think I would have put full attention to fire first could have been bad and if it’s dry enough to start from a broadhead off a rock wouldn’t take long to get out of control and definitely not long at all to get to a point you couldn’t stomp it out!! But hey it worked out so congrats to the hunters.

Reactions: Mnbogboy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Honestly I’d like to see the shot then fire start.
I guess it’s possible.Why didn’t they show it? They had to be filming..
I would like to see the shot also. could be they just didn't get it on film??????????bad angle ???? couldn't see anything in the footage??????

am glad it worked out for them though.

Reactions: Bonecollector

hunttrap

Jan 22, 2016
Eastern Nebraska
I dont know if I believe it. Seems sketchy. So he gets a shot at a goat with a bow. Blows the shot, then sneaks back into bow range not 50 yards from the fire and kills it, then puts the fire out. Getting in bow range is a miracle enough let alone twice. Lol. Glad fires out

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Wow when I saw this thread title I thought it was going to be somebody starting a fire when target shooting with a firearm. Pretty surprised it was with a bow. I guess with the dry conditions anything is possible. Glad the fire didn't turn into a much bigger problem.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I dont know if I believe it. Seems sketchy. So he gets a shot at a goat with a bow. Blows the shot, then sneaks back into bow range not 50 yards from the fire and kills it, then puts the fire out. Getting in bow range is a miracle enough let alone twice. Lol. Glad fires out
because they are just dumb animals ,sometimes animals are pretty dumb. I once watched my nephew shoot at a little mule deer buck with a rifle, 11 times before he hit and killed it. the deer just stood there . I think the deers plan may have been suicide by hunter. 😆

I can't imagine why anyone would make this up and post it ???????????? the video didn't exactly paint them in a very good light.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Hold my beer and watch this!
Best Flaming Arrow GIFs | Gfycat
Reminds me of the days when we would take a old aluminum arrow and fill it up or place some wadding down into it and then fill it half way with black powder. We would then take a .38 case with a new primer and epoxy it to the arrow and epoxy a piece of a nail onto the primer. We would then shoot those arrows at stumps. It is surprising that you needed to hit that stump just right or a old knot in it to set off that primer to blow up the arrow.

No we never did set any fires but we did destroy a few stumps that way.

hueycol

Jul 2, 2021
Hello. I understand you well. This grass is really very dangerous, I did not know that the grass can catch fire from any little thing. I recently sawed in my garden and was surprised that the log was so hot that it gave a spark and the grass really caught fire. It's good that I noticed it in time and extinguished the fire, otherwise my house and the house of my neighbors could have burned down, which would not have been very good. And to avoid all this, I use this site https://www.growgardener.com/the-5-best-kentucky-bluegrass-seeds-for-your-lawn / so that my grass will always be green. As I noticed, it lights up worse.

Last edited: