Let's meet the dogs

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Montana... I’d say that’s pretty good but I don’t know either? I’d be happy with it! I recently got a new GSP & want to try & train it to shed hunt. Got any tips???

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Dand Mallards.. Max has 'The Look!' that's a fine looking dog.
Hes a great dog. I didn't really want to get another lab because of how bad they chew stuff (my last one was horrible...until he was about 3 years old) but honestly Max hasn't chewed much of anything. I think he got a hold of one of my shirts one day but other than that hes been a great dog so far. Listens good and is very good with my daughter. Follows her around everywhere keeping an eye on her at all times. Loves to swim and play fetch. Good around his food too which is important to me with having a 7 year old in the house. I dont tolerate a dog that growls or is mean around food. They go down the road or into the ground.

So far I am VERY happy with him.

Hes a picture poser...lol

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
This is Dee, going on 7 this fall. She's been a great dog, more than we could have ever hoped for. Excellent instincts, and a perfect nose. She breaks a little after the shot, so I don't hunt her when we're shooting 10 guns at geese, but she gets in on all the duck hunts. She'll find sheds when we actually go look, since she knows she gets to keep them for chew toys. She's a perfect house dog, great around our baby and other little kids.
She does have a pretty good case of separation anxiety, doesnt like to leave my side.. Went scuba diving for the first time over the weekend, she about stroked out on the boat, waiting for me to come back up.
IMG_3105.jpg
IMG_3016.jpg
IMG_3015.jpg
IMG_0705.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg

Reactions: cacklercrazy

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Hes a great dog. I didn't really want to get another lab because of how bad they chew stuff (my last one was horrible...until he was about 3 years old)
I got semi lucky with my lab. She only chewed one thing..... The safety cover on our pool. It was old, and probably needed to be replaced sooner than later, but that was $1500 I really didnt want to spend. Since she was a puppy, we kept her on a steady diet of chewing on deer antlers, so when she's looking to chew something, she just goes and finds one of her horns and chews it for a while.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I got semi lucky with my lab. She only chewed one thing..... The safety cover on our pool. It was old, and probably needed to be replaced sooner than later, but that was $1500 I really didnt want to spend. Since she was a puppy, we kept her on a steady diet of chewing on deer antlers, so when she's looking to chew something, she just goes and finds one of her horns and chews it for a while.
Ace hasn?t hammered anything too expensive yet...

We have worked pretty hard to keep his leather chews in front of him.

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
Here's my 1 yr old golden lab Finley "Fin" James. We got him in April from a family that decided they didn't have time for him and wanted to rehome him. So far he's been pretty good. We still need to work on obedience yet and I'm slowly working the retrieving in. He's picked up the retrieving part pretty quick and does pretty well as long as the sessions don't get too long. Now if we could just get him to stop picking up EVERYTHING he can get his teeth on including the kids clothes, toys and papers.
IMG_0810.jpgIMG_0813.jpg

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co

I can't tell you the number of times that I have tried to get a picture of one of those little buggers while I am down there hunting. I'll see one and watch him for a few minutes but as soon as I reach for my camera he'll be off. I even tried hiking around with my camera already out only to have them foil me.

Now I know how that coyote feels.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I can't tell you the number of times that I have tried to get a picture of one of those little buggers while I am down there hunting. I'll see one and watch him for a few minutes but as soon as I reach for my camera he'll be off. I even tried hiking around with my camera already out only to have them foil me.

Now I know how that coyote feels.
They seem to know what a camera is.
I set my camera so it's ready to go and set it down
as soon as they get near I pick it up...poof they are gone.
Kinda like a Javelina. 💥 20200518_173132-1.jpg