Leaving In The AM

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, after having some tag soup on the Colorado ML hunt I am headed to Utah for their deer ML hunt. I'll be hunting the Monroe Mountain unit hoping to find some of the nicer bucks that I have seen there. After that comes the Utah general elk hunt with my brother in law trying to find him a spike elk on the same unit. If no luck there we'll head to the Utah Book Cliffs and try our luck there.

Then to top it off he has a Colorado unit 21deer tag for the second season which I will try to be a good spotter for him.

It's going to be a full month of hunting starting Monday morning.

I'll try and check in but cell coverage is either spotty or nonexistent in the areas that we will be in.

Good Luck to all of you that are headed out.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Here are a couple of better pictures. I along with others hate the thumbnail photos.

I have Tuesday to recuperate and then we are headed to the Utah Book Cliffs for a general season spike elk hunt. We tried to find a spike on the Monroe Mountain but all we could find out there were huge bulls with a couple pushing the 400" mark if not over. The other day the wind was so bad and the dust was swirling so much that I didn't even see a herd of 30 or so elk almost run over me as I rode my wheeler up into the trees. Now the bull that was with that herd was over 400" I saw him from 20'