Kuiu vs. Eastmans Lawsuit

TimberJunkie

Feb 13, 2015
Central Point, OR
Just trying to get a handle on the lawsuit. Sounds like Kuiu is going to sue for fraudulent claims on circulation, and charges for advertising based on those numbers. I am sure there is more info, seems like these companies should all be allies and help promote hunting and sportsmanship. I was hoping that someone from Eastmans could chime in and let everyone know whats up. I have been an Eastmans fan for a long time, and I hate seeing turmoil in the sport I love the most, whether it be poaching, corruption, lawsuits, etc.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
They deleted a thread like this yesterday that takes about the lawsuit, be surprised if yours lasts very long before it suffers the same fate.

Fins_N_Tines

Aug 26, 2016
I was a fan of KUIU and its business model; however it seems as though it has become about big business and certain agenda's more then about hunting. They have some awesome designs and features, but should focus more energy in making that fabric more durable. At the end of the day Jason seems to be creating a divide. Some are gonna strongly support him and some will strongly oppose him. For me I have decided to give my money to First Lite, who supports the hunter, public land and conservation. Additionally FL seems to not take everything so seriously, but just make good quality hunting products.

TimberJunkie

Feb 13, 2015
Central Point, OR
Thanks for the info gents. I appreciate the opinions. It just all seems too weird to me. I have a hard time trying to understand what kind of end game Kuiu might have here. I think their gear is good, and have some of it, I also like Sitka, and UA. Etc. Great companies, hopefully thereally are some misunderstandings that can be ironed out.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Kuiu started out as a small company making quality products here in America and got lots of hunters hooked on their products. Now they are just another greedy company selling overpriced made in china camo.
Game animals can't tell if you're wearing an $80 t-shirt from kuiu or a $5 walmart t-shirt.

johnsd16

Mar 16, 2014
N Idaho
"against said advertiser for breach of contract due to non-payment"

Says it all. Not paying the bill now trying to smear back. Who knows, maybe they stopped paying because they felt differently about something else, or maybe they are out of money (seems doubtful)

The more I read about Jason and how the company has evolved the less I like them. I have some of their stuff but my hunting partner went through some horrible QC issues with them where multiple different pieces all in the same camo didn't match at all (in color, not pattern) and they refused to acknowledge the shortcoming or make it right. Now non-matching camo is usually a good thing, but sometimes its more if its what you want and the expectation that the articles should looks similar. That, along with their silly sales where they finally mark stuff down and then have nothing in stock, and also price locking with quality going down, I'm done with them unless I find some sweet deals. Sounds like his ego is starting to sink the ship.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
a

Thanks
Congratulations
Congratulated 145 Times in 32 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Gr8bawana

Kuiu started out as a small company making quality products here in America and got lots of hunters hooked on their products. Now they are just another greedy company selling overpriced made in china camo.
Game animals can't tell if you're wearing an $80 t-shirt from kuiu or a $5 walmart t-shirt.

neither can most hunters.

Last edited:

brianboh

Jun 4, 2015
Powell, Wyoming
So what is the truth now. Gohunt.com just had an article that clearly says eastmans is in the wrong. Looks like a really good pissing match going on.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
So what is the truth now. Gohunt.com just had an article that clearly says eastmans is in the wrong. Looks like a really good pissing match going on.
What is it with gohunt.com? Why are they so involved with the distribution of this case?
Gohunt is not doing a good job of recruiting me, thats for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mntnguide

Very Active Member
What is it with gohunt.com? Why are they so involved with the distribution of this case?

I believe most Gohunt employees I have seen pictures of heavily promote KUIU...so that might have something to do with their "view"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Interesting how this unfolds. Go over to rokslide and everyone hates on KUIU, especially KUIU's owner Jason.

All I know is that I enjoy this forum and the magazines that the Eastmans provide and will continue to be customer no matter the outcome of this business conflict.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
eastmans...... time to get into the hunting gear business???? I remember way back when when Daid Long was going to start something.

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
I like Eastmans' TV shows, magazines and website. I like KUIU products (I don't know the owner. I admire what he's accomplished, but some reports make him sound like a jerk. Maybe he is.). I like goHUNT.com's website (and HuntinFool and others....). More than any of those, I value honesty and integrity. It seems clear that at least one, possibly both, of the parties involved in the Eastmans vs. KUIU deal haven't shown honesty and integrity. I'll wait to see the final outcome before taking sides or deciding whether I need to stop buying products from a particular company or not. I am not mad at goHUNT for publishing factual details about the situation. I'd like to know so I can decide on my own who was/is in the wrong. There are always AT LEAST 3 sides to every story....one guy's side, the other guy's side, and the truth.... I think I'll wait to see what the truth turns out to be before taking up a pitchfork either way.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT

Exactly!!! They really need to mind there own business. Very disappointing to see

quicknick

Oct 7, 2011
Atascadero, CA
I wont take sides, it's pointless. I like kuiu gear because it fits me well and performs well. I have talked to jason a couple times but cant pass judgement on the man. I also like eastmans magazines. I remember watching eastmans dvds when i was six years old. I also like gohunt.com and what they offer. As far as im concerned i wont let the business of others drive me away from products that i like and work for me. I think people get their sausages tied in a knot a little too easily.