Introduction

Brock Larson

Jul 17, 2020
Hello all, my name is Brock. I live in North Dakota and I'm on my last tour of what will be a ~24 year military career. My personal interests have always been hunting and shooting, but service, has always been my top priority and that has taken me out of the hunting game. I have had some great hunts in the past in areas I've been stationed but the last 10 years have been a bust due to multiple deployments, schools, etc... Thus, my near-term goal is to develop a strategy that will get me in the field on some good public land hunts. My objective is to bow hunt elk in Montana, Colorado, or Wyoming - wherever and whenever I can get a tag; but I will focus on mule deer right here in the badlands while I'm building up preference points. I'm a bow hunter at heart but also enjoy rifle hunting. I look forward to learning some proven approaches from experienced people on this forum who perhaps will provide me the advice and direction I need to make it all happen.

Regards,
Brock

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Brock welcome.

Thank you for your service. 27 year Navy guy here.

Lots of great info and great people on here. Feel free to PM me on anything Colorado.

Brock Larson

Jul 17, 2020
Slugz - thanks for your service as well. I sure miss Colorado...I was stationed in Fort Carson in '02-03 and shot my first bull SW of Aspen; near Chapman campground on the Frying Pan river. Sure would like to go back there someday!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Welcome to the forum Brock!

As your research narrows your areas down, feel free to ask questions. Most of us prefer PM's as information becomes specific but I think you will find several guys in the know willing to help you out. Thanks for your service!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Welcome aboard. I am former army and 40% service connected,disabled. Lots of great folks willing to help out with advice and knowledge, Been retired and living in SW Colorado for 20 years.

Brock Larson

Jul 17, 2020
Thank you all for the warm welcome and for your dedication to our country as well. This site is very informative and I'm glad I found it. I've already increased the number of states I'd be willing to travel to and purchased preference points where I could. After a couple days browsing many of the states' rules and regulations I see there is going to be much to learn about!