Inro

The Deer

Nov 24, 2013
Eastern Oregon
Intro

Hi all! I posted this in the general section too but since I am mostly a bow hunter I thought that I would post it here as well.

On other forums it is complementary to introduce oneself, tell a little about yourself and tell a hunting story from the past.
About me; I live in Eastern Oregon and love it, I was in western Oregon for 12 years prior going to school and getting my life started with a family. I love hunting everything but miss hunting blacktails in the rut (that is my only complaint about being on the east side). I have been a official Oregon measurer for about 11 years,(I have applied to Boone & Crockett a few times) but I really don’t care about becoming a B & C measurer because I really only got into doing it to be able to judge animals better. I believe that Oregon is an underrated state as far as hunting goes as I believe that Oregon can be as good as anywhere in the western United States with a little prep and scouting time but I guess to the naysayers that it works out better for me. I put in for 9 states and including Oregon and wish I could put in for all of them but it is just out of my budget at this point in time. I really look forward to drawing some good tags in the future. I am primarily a bow hunter but have hunted all methods (rifle, bow, muzzleloader). I look forward to the day that I finally draw the tag that I have been chasing for 16 years, wenaha bow elk tag, at this point in my life I could draw most any other elk tag in Oregon but for me it is more about being able to tell my grandchildren that I waited patiently for x amount of years to draw the wenaha tag.
Hunting story;
I am going to keep the story short but by far the best hunt that I have ever been on and the only tag that I have ever drawn random was my Oregon sheep tag in 2003. I shot a California sheep that scored 175 net even though it is missing 5 inches on its left horn. I have half a slam (other sheep is a dall) my lifelong goal is to one day have a grand slam.

Last edited:

superman7

Jan 9, 2014
I just noticed that I spelled "Intro" wrong on my thread title. Do you have any suggestions on how I can correct it?

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
Ya.............superman7 is a spammer and needs to be deleted if at all possible.

Welcome to the forum The Deer!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Welcome to the Forum The Deer, Thanks for the introductions. You will find lots of great knowledgeable people on this sight to share great stories and experiences with.