If you had max AZ deer points, what would you do?

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Could you spend that much on a outfitted hunt with realistic chances at 200?+ deer? If so I go plan be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve O

Apr 26, 2012
Michigan
Umpqua, what did you decide? I?m hoping everyone is going after mule deer tags as I am reaching for a good December Coues tag with 11 points.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I had Kaibab 12 A west late hunt last Year ,and shot this on opening day ,cause I was sick as a dog and an easy 250 yard shot. This yyear there will be alot of 190- 200+ bucks off the BAB .Mine was 6 year old and 184. With this great moisture Who knows what He would be.I guess 200ish. As a resident I drew with only 11 point Too. Guess where I put in this year with 2 points. 12 A west late, Never know. I don't need to wait 10 more years to get a 230 on the Strip. At 63 I might not see 73..........BOB!IMG_0803 (3).JPG

Muledeerchaser

Apr 4, 2018
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Take option 2, do not wait. I am now 64 years old and can not climb the mountains as I used to. I had a accident on my horse and had to have my ankle rebuilt from part of my knee. You never know what?s coming around the corner. Hunt Now, tomorrow may never come.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I had Kaibab 12 A west late hunt last Year ,and shot this on opening day ,cause I was sick as a dog and an easy 250 yard shot. This yyear there will be alot of 190- 200+ bucks off the BAB .Mine was 6 year old and 184. With this great moisture Who knows what He would be.I guess 200ish. As a resident I drew with only 11 point Too. Guess where I put in this year with 2 points. 12 A west late, Never know. I don't need to wait 10 more years to get a 230 on the Strip. At 63 I might not see 73..........BOB!View attachment 23603
Is it possible that we both draw 12 a west late at 2 points???? lol im all in

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Thank you for everyone's thoughts. I'm in for 13B rifle only this year. Probably the toughest hunting i have made in many years and I came oh so close to burning them on 12A West Late.

What finally swayed me was the cut of 300 tags on 12A West this year. Every time 12A West has had big tag cuts, quality has followed in a couple years. I have had several credible guys tell me over the years that the Kaibab has even better genetics than the Strip, but it just needs age class.

Also my son has a great draw number for sheep in Oregon this year, in the top 0.09% for a tag with about 0.8% odds. We don't know the draw results yet, but should by Thursday. If he draws, that hunt gets all of my attention for a while.

Last edited: