If you could change your profession, what would it be?

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
Dumb is Dumb does
Started digging ditches and laying pipe at 16 years old 45 years later still digging ditches and laying pipe
with bigger shovels and bigger pipe and a small army of ditch diggers
It pays the bills so why change
View attachment 31320

I do wish i bought more home depot stock
we are in the same line of work. One would think it’s gets easier the longer you do it but it seems it just gets more challenging. Some how I’ve worked my way up to managing it all and not much seat time anymore.
I’m not sure what I would rather do, I’ve always been concerned about making something I truly enjoy into a job.

Reactions: dustin ray

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
we are in the same line of work. One would think it’s gets easier the longer you do it but it seems it just gets more challenging. Some how I’ve worked my way up to managing it all and not much seat time anymore.
I’m not sure what I would rather do, I’ve always been concerned about making something I truly enjoy into a job.

there is that .

but , another way to look at it is ,if you love what you do ,you'll never work another day in your life.

I mostly just figure work sucks. it is supposed to suck. that's why they PAY you to do it.

I certainly don't do what I do because I enjoy it. in fact ,I would go so far as to say, I despise it with every essence of my being. any sane person would..(housepainter)
I merely do it because, I am good at it.it provides a service, most are willing to pay for AND it provides me the means to do the things I do enjoy

Last edited: