I want a new smoker

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Scott i love the vertical pelet smoker for big cooks and making sausage and jerkey. The tregger style Louisiana grill is great for smaller meals though. What ones are you looking at?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I am thinking the Lexington or the Austin from Pitboss????? I don't need vertical at this moment because the volume of what I am smoking isn't that high yet....but we have 4 kids and entertain college students through a non profit fairly often.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
One thing to look at is the location of the burn pot . Mine is on the end by the hopper others are in the middle of the cooking chamber. Both locations can have their own benefits. On one end easier to get away from direct heat for things like pork but and ribs, in the middle easier to actually grill burgers and steaks of even pizza oven attachment.

Pitboss has a pertty active owner forum.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
My neighbors have a pitboss and love it. It has features on it that my Traeger does not and was cheaper. I do alot of cooking outside and have a weber genesis gas grill, blackstone griddle, and traeger pellet grill. If I had to choose just one it would be the pellet grill.

Searing items on the gas grill is the only thing it can do better than the pellet grill. I use the blackstone more for items you can't use a grate for, stir fry, breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc).