Hygiene

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
What do you guys take with you in the back country to keep clean?

I think most use baby wipes and that has beeen discussed before but what about your teeth?

Our poor hunting partners don?t need our breath to stink to high heaven when we are whispering in close quarters. So what do you guys use?

I have a small compact tooth brush and I take a travel tooth paste with me. I?ve seen some guys cut off a plastic tooth brush down and use a powdered type of tooth paste.

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Dead down wind wipes, foot powder and toothpaste. Always on sale super cheap at Walmart after hunting season (aka NOW), and a collapsible toothbrush

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I don't use baby wipes anymore. Found medical wipes that they use in the hospitals to give bed ridden patients baths with. Its literally like you've taken a shower after wiping down with them. Can pick them up at any medical supply store. Dido on the compact toothbrush, also unscented deodorant.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I'm there to hunt. I'll shower when I get home.

Ps. Looking for a hunting partner. Contact me if interested.

MTbowhunter36

Dec 31, 2011
Kalispell, MT
Same as above; wipes, toothbrush and paste. However, I do use Gillette gel anti-perspirant that has a fresh scent rather than unscented. The unscented deodorants don't work that well on me. As long as I play the wind it doesn't matter if I use a scented deodorant or not. I haven't been able to fool an elk's nose yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
What do you guys take with you in the back country to keep clean?

I think most use baby wipes and that has beeen discussed before but what about your teeth?

Our poor hunting partners don?t need our breath to stink to high heaven when we are whispering in close quarters. So what do you guys use?

I have a small compact tooth brush and I take a travel tooth paste with me. I?ve seen some guys cut off a plastic tooth brush down and use a powdered type of tooth paste.
You worry about hygiene????? Wouldn't have taken you for a manscaper...

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Unscented baby wipes for a wipe down in the tent when I get back.

I carry a wash rag with me in a zip lock bag and when I find a creek I give myself a little bird bath.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
not much new here. I do use a travel size deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrush. I will use a baby wipe every couple of days, but would rather jump in a creek. Took the packable soap by sea to summit and wasn't a fan. they turned into little waxy things that got stuck to me and were hard to get off. Probably going for a tiny bottle of soap for next time. To me its worth the extra couple of oz.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
stubby toothbrush and travel toothpaste. I have a mouthpiece for my apnea. I have to use up a little water to brush the hell out of it every night to keep it from getting really foul.