How many of you will get the Covid shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
people today think death is the worst thing that can happen to them because most have never faced any tribulation. .it is not .

a government big enough to provide all your needs is also large enough to take all you have.

this is the theme for the past year but folks are to dumb to see their being led to the slaughter.

death by covid by comparison actually sounds pretty good . my greatest desire is that all should be so lucky.

Last edited:

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
people today think death is the worst thing that can happen to them because most have never faced any tribulation. .it is not .

a government big enough to provide all your needs is also large enough to take all you have.

this is the theme for the past year but folks are to dumb to see their being led to the slaughter.

death by covid by comparison actually sounds pretty good . my greatest desire is that all should be so lucky.
Gasping for breath for weeks until your oxygen levels get so low that you die doesn't sound like "luck" to me.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Gasping for breath for weeks until your oxygen levels get so low that you die doesn't sound like "luck" to me.
that once WAS the great thing about this nation ..............agree to disagree. now folks can't stand a differing opinion it's not enough to disagree the other opinion MUST be canceled.

death by covid sounds much better then living to see how this plays out to me.

I am only torn by my desire to see the reality bulb click on in the usefull idiots eyes.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
that once WAS the great thing about this nation ..............agree to disagree. now folks can't stand a differing opinion it's not enough to disagree the other opinion MUST be canceled.

death by covid sounds much better then living to see how this plays out to me.

I am only torn by my desire to see the reality bulb click on in the usefull idiots eyes.
Anyone ever tell you that you are a glass half empty kind of guy? :)

• Haha
Reactions: D_Dubya and kidoggy

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
watch the real sports episode dealing with college athlete long haulers....

D1 college athletes who now can barely walk months/year later without getting out of breath etc...

Reactions: Gr8bawana

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
watch the real sports episode dealing with college athlete long haulers....

D1 college athletes who now can barely walk months/year later without getting out of breath etc...
Have seen some of that. It's sad... but extremely rare. Over 99% of athletes that had Covid got over it relatively quickly and most were able to be competing again in 1-2 weeks.

I hate that our media focuses on the less than 1%.

I am of the opinion that our country needs to move forward. Everyone get vaccinated who wants it. Look at the real data that is available and proceed forward in life taking what risks you feel you are comfortable with.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I would agree with that. I have never been offended by masked men , hand scrubbers or vaccitakers . do it or do not ! just don't tell me I must. others health is not my burden to bear and I will never be so PC as to pretend to care about the fate of those I care nothing about.

sadly ,we are no longer a society happy with just choosing our own health practices . americans now feel they have the right to tell everyone what's best for them. and they get crazy angry when folks dismiss their nonsense as the nonsense it is.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Strong reaction to first COVID-19 vaccine may signal previous infection, experts say
Yahoo Life Wellness
ABBY HAGLAGE
March 18, 2021, 5:49 PM
Here's what a strong reaction to the first COVID-19 vaccine shot means. (Photo: Getty Images)

Here's what a strong reaction to the first COVID-19 vaccine shot means. (Photo: Getty Images)
With over 40 million Americans now fully vaccinated against COVID-19, it's no secret that the shots can lead to unpleasant side effects such as fever, headache, body aches and fatigue. But while initial research suggested that individuals were more likely to experience these symptoms after the second dose, experts now say that those who previously had COVID-19 — whether knowingly or not — may end up reacting more strongly to the first dose.
One study released in early February from Bar-Ilan University in Israel found that the immune response created after the first dose of vaccine in those who previously had COVID-19 was "so effective" that it "opens the debate as to whether one dose of the vaccine may suffice." Another study published in the Lancet found a 140-fold increase in antibodies after the first vaccine among those who had previously had a COVID-19 infection versus those who hadn't.
Dr. Erin Morcomb, a family medicine physician at the Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse, Wis., and head of its COVID-19 vaccination team, confirms that the reactions can vary based on your health history. "What we've seen in studies is that the second dose does tend to have a little bit more potential to cause side effects than the first dose, but for people who have had COVID-19 infection previously and then recovered, they are at higher risk of having those same side effects after their first dose," she says.
The reason, she explains, is that those who developed the infection previously have an immune system that is already primed to fight it off. "After they've had their COVID-19 active infection, they've made some antibodies themselves in their body to the national infection," Morcomb says. "Then when they get their first dose, their body is already recognizing that they have some antibodies and they can make a really robust immune response to that first dose of vaccine."
She notes that those who had treatment with monoclonal antibodies need to wait 90 days before getting the vaccine as they can "block the immune system for making a good response to the vaccine."

More than 12% of the population
is now fully vaccinated,

Scroll back up to restore default view.
For those who haven't had COVID-19, the first shot of either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine ends up serving as the body's introduction to the virus. That's why the second dose, in those who haven't had COVID-19, can often cause a big reaction. "This time, the body recognizes it like, 'Hey, I've seen this before,'" says Morcomb. "And then it really tries to ramp up the immune response."
To be sure, that's not to say that those who don't have side effects should be concerned. Morcomb says there is no research suggesting that the absence of side effects is an indicator that the vaccine isn't working. "For some reason [some individuals], their bodies just don't show the side effects as much," she says. "So it's not like an absolute rule that just because you had COVID, you're going to have side effects, because it doesn't happen in everybody. And those people should still be reassured that they're making a good immune response to the vaccine."
As for how soon after a COVID-19 infection individuals can get vaccinated, she says there's good news there as well. "Initially we had recommended waiting 90 days from a COVID infection to get the vaccine but that actually isn't necessary — there's not a decreased effectiveness of the vaccine if you get it before that," she says. "So here we are recommending that once people come off of their quarantine — so 14 days — that they get their shot then."

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
folks here know my skeptisism for the need of the vaccine and for the benefits of it. in fact , I find the whole mess to be the result of a world full of chicken littles,
but to put all that aside for the moment I have a serious question for those who have already gotten the shots.............

folks keep speculating that it will eventually become mandatory for those who wish to fly to get the vaccine.
my question is , are you or I should say were you provided with a means to prove you've gotten the shot??

I ask this because it has come to my attention that some here , who were vaccinated can't prove it. it may be in their medical files but how do they prove such at the airport??? is it stamped on your passport ?

really just curious how this will work??

Reactions: bdan68 and Slugz

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
There are many ways to confirm being discussed at many levels in many countries. What the outcome will be I dont know. In lieu of that its a recommend best practice for International Travelers to always have their shot card on them.
Attached is the cover.
20210327_145531.jpg

Reactions: kidoggy
Status
Not open for further replies.