How many of you will get the Covid shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
there were good people on both sides back in the days of the civil war also. didn't keep folks from fighting a necessary war though. the real tragedy from that conflict is , the wrong side won.

wow, the wrong side won the civil war.
you definatley make the thomas jefferson quote of not agreeing with what you say but defending your right to say it, very hard. But that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
So what is a better form of government?

What do you want....a bunch of sheep who can't think for themselves and have different ideas?

What a load of crappola!
I want a government that actually adheres to the ideas and principles put forth in the constitution!

one that protects it's citizens from thieves , instead of the one we have that has become the VERY thing it was created to protect from!
before you become upset and start in with the brainless "go somewhere else then" mantra, there is no where else to go.

there are a few worse but none better . we are now no different then most any of the european nations. we have allowed our government to become once again, the very thing it was put forth to fight.

to address your second question.....no. that's what we have now with the live and lets live crowd.

the very fact that people/you can not understand this , is why I know this nation will fall!

the funny thing is ,I suspect you actually agree with what I am saying , you just can't get past the way I say it.
people don't like blunt honesty, it convicts their souls!

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
tim........it is my opinion and I stand by it.

I do want to thank you for acknowledging my right to say and believe it though. that is a rare thing indeed from the "live and let live " crowd!

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
This thread... sorry cc
trainwreck GIF
doesn't have to be .longs everbody remembers ,we are not the enemy, it could just be an exchange of ideas .

isn't that what folks want . ;) :ROFLMAO:
all threads that go on for long derail same as conversation round a campfire but if folks can keep their heads they generally come back on track.
I like CCs mindless sheep comment . I am not fond of mindless sheep which is why I pray folks think before choosing to take the covid shots.

there we go back on track.
:D

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
to try and get this thread back on track............................

the question has come up about my mother getting the covid vaccine.

she has not even fully recovered yet but looks like she most likely will.
the facility she is in ,is planning on giving all residents vaccine within the next few weeks.
they are asking for permission (which is not only a relief but shocking also):D

my question was . why does she need it, if she has already had it ?
it is my understanding that there is zero proof of asyptomatic or postsyptum spread.(again regardless of scientific studies that show zero proof , it is automatically accepted such spread is rampant)

answer was ,"natural immunity does not last ."

don't believe that but fine . ok. but that begs more questions .

if natural immunity does not last and won't protect us , WHY do we expect the vaccine WILL ?
is vaccine going to give lasting immunity ?? what is the risk vs benefit????
have yet to receive a coherent answer to these from anyone also . just parroting of half answers that all beg more questions. I do understand that it is just that no one knows.

another question..., she has the disease . she will either recover or she will not.
if she does why the hurry to vaccinate? is it not logical to believe she will at least have immunity for a couple months?
is it not reasonable to at least wait a couple months and see how it goes, let her regain her strength?? seems to me there is no downside to doing so ,yet plenty of risk and there are plenty of people at higher risk who need it more .
again no coherent answers .

why on earth would I jump for her to get it to get it when there are still more questions then answers????????????

again no answers.

after a few months , if all seems to be going well in the rollout , I have no particular objection to her getting it .

it is possible I may as well .
I just see no hurry.
I don't particularly care wether I get sick or not . I doubt I will . if I do, I figure I will survive or I won't . no particular downside either way.
seems to me the graceful thing to do is allow the worried herd to get theirs first. :D

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My mom's doctor has advised her not to get the vaccine right now. She had Covid in October. He said her antibodies should carry her through the next several months with no problems. He did say she should plan on getting the vaccine before next fall.

Reactions: D_Dubya and kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
s
I gave up reading at “wrong side won the civil war”. Lol what a total joke. 🤡🤡🤡

Internets......
it's all good.
very few will ever believe it because most have been conditioned since birth to believe revised history . conditioned since birth to be subjects instead of citizens.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
a wise man is wary of a drug whose pushers chant , "first hit free!"

lol. and now we are to believe there is a super covid. arriving just in time to push the hesitant into taking it.
real life is a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coming next week super duper murder hornets . one has the strength of a thousand men!oh dear!!

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusvdk

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
My wife and I just recovered from covid prior to Christmas, she had a doctor appointment yesterday and when asked said she did not plan on getting vaccinated. No push back or questions as to why from either the Dr. or the nurse. My wife felt that they had been told to ask and leave it alone if a negative response.

CC I'm glad your able to receive the vaccine whish my parents had that choice, My state is give it to teachers and school workers prior to seniors with preexisting conditions that are locked down and worried.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I just need to look at a hypodermic needle and my shoulder starts to hurt. It's funny but I used to be able to take shots with no problems. I guess it is something about getting old.

Let me know how it works out when your third arm starts to grow out of your chest. (y) It could be handy at times.

I just wished that they would get with the program so that I can get mine. I'll be in the next round.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
My 77 year old father and 75 year old
Mother got it on Monday!! My 90 year old grandma and a 4 other family members as well. 0 side effects in the group. My kids are in school and have to say things are pretty normal for us going to fly out for a spring vacation soon and skiing every weekend. Back to normal for us!

Great deal for our extended family and I hope others can get it soon.

v

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Man, there's a lot of nonsense in this thread....
I'm still a bit sketched out by the vaccine. My wife has to make a decision by tomorrow if she'll take it - She works in a small clinic. I'm not really sure what happens if she declines. We will most likely try for a third child soon, and that of course has the alarms up for us, given the vaccine was granted emergency authorization, and is not yet approved for people under 16. What sort of impact will this have on a baby in utero?

• Sad
Reactions: Gr8bawana
Status
Not open for further replies.