How many of you will get the Covid shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
This covid crap is for real, for sure. I know 10 friends in California, including one of my sisters, who have it. Almost all of them were at large family gatherings at Thanksgiving. I'll bet there are more that I don't know about yet.
I agree CC.
I know quite a few people that have it right now, or have recently had it, and a couple of those folks died.
Not everyone dies, that’s for sure ... but enough do that it should be taken seriously.

Reactions: Prerylyon

bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
My father in law in California has it right now. He's obese and 66 years old. He says it's not as bad as a cold he had last year. He's just a little tired and that's it. Hasn't lost his sense of smell, or anything else. Just tired. No big deal. It's not something to be scared of. We need to get our country back to normal. NOTHING is more important than the economy.

Reactions: marcusvdk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have a good friend who was in the intensive care unit for two weeks on a ventilator because of it.

While some may consider it no big deal there are a few million who would disagree with that kind of statement, that is if they were alive.

Right now I have 3 relatives who all tested positive, lucky for them they have been able to self quarantine at home so far.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Glad your father in law is doing ok.
But, “No big deal.” ?
There’s a lot of dead people who’s families would probably disagree with that statement.
death is no big deal. Jesus conquered the grave !
yet people still have such a great fear of it they can barely function.
people still see death as a curse when it is in fact, one of GODS greatest blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is literally thousands of diseases one could say the same about yet we don't cower in fear ,we don't quarantine and we don't shut down the nation.

in truth , I see covid as a better death then the cancer that will most likely do me (and this nation) in!

go ahead and live in fear if it pleases you. it's your right to do so. wear your mask . wash your hands .stay home from work till all business fails and the nation crumbles. doesn't sound like a quality life to me but to each their own..

I am tired of being told how I should surrender MY rights for the good of the herd . I am tired of being told I must pay more taxes to bail out that herd when they make poor decisions but more then anything ,I am tired of being told life is precious!!! especially when I am being told I have to sit back and watch in silence while that herd run itself over a cliff ,when it comes to virtually every other aspect of life. (wouldn't want to offend anyone)

YES. covid kills. but there are many things worse then death! the herd embraces them all.

I do not fear death, it will be to a far far better place that I go! . it is merely a door through which we all must pass. it is an end of suffering and misery. I welcome it and if being completely honest, I wish most could enjoy it sooner rather then later.

A life lived in fear is not a life worth living! people die. it is actually the one and only thing we are all capable of doing.

reminds me of the one and only truth a democrat ever spoke- " we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You shouldn't fear it but you need to respect the contagiousness of it and just what it might mean if it does hit you hard.

We as a country have forgotten about just what can happen if we are in that vulnerable population. We have also mostly forgotten about those viruses that used to kill a good portion of a town before they ran their course and or were finally pretty much eradicated with vaccines.

We also need to take a look at the history books, not the ones that are on the shelves now but the ones from 50 or 60 years ago and see what happened to areas when something like smallpox hits the area. We forget that these were quite common just 100 years ago and if it wasn't for a vaccine it may still be running rampart.

I just seen this today in a paper. How many of those who are affected are going to end up attached to tubes helping them breath so that they can hope to stay alive?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I am not saying there is no disease and one shouldn't be careful. I am saying treat it as you would any disease, it is no worse then most . many of those deaths being attributed to covid aren't even covid. the true numbers are far less then your link shows .

I saw another link today that claims the university of florida just posted results of their studies and concluded there is 0 asymptomatic transmission of disease . if this is true it proves lockdowns were uneccesary and should be a total gamechanger in our policies toward it.

this is a man made , manufactured disease , built and released from wuhan with the intent of creating a manufactured crisis.

I can't prove it but it is my belief , there was a vaccine before it was ever released.

it goes way beyond the politics of this nation. this is global politics.

global upheaval will help usher in global government. A free, sovereign, United States is merely the greatest threat to that world government.. it really is just that simple.

of coarse I understand very few will even for a moment entertain the idea that people could be so evil. most people are not even capable of thinking on such a grand scale. that's why they win.

you know what is really comical.....? we helped fund it all .

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Wow Kid ... you read slot into my short note.
I never said I feared death, or Covid or anything else and I surely didn’t tell you to surrender your rights.
I just said I don’t think we should say it’s “ no big deal”. It’s killed a lot of people and torn up their families. I think that’s a big deal.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'll be the first one to say that some states have gone way overboard while others are acting like nothing has happened.

I also agree that there is no need to completely ruin a small business and let mega corporations stay open like nothing is happening. There is a middle ground that needs to be met.

As far as what a individual does, it is up to them. But others need to respect me and what I am doing when I do have to go out to a store or other places. I am in the high risk group due to age and a couple of medical issues and I'll do what it takes to keep from catching it. But I also don't run around screaming that the sky is falling.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Wow Kid ... you read slot into my short note.
I never said I feared death, or Covid or anything else and I surely didn’t tell you to surrender your rights.
I just said I don’t think we should say it’s “ no big deal”. It’s killed a lot of people and torn up their families. I think that’s a big deal.
:D I know you didn't . wasn't really venting at you . just venting.
it's just that , I have been told and it's a bit of a hot topic for me.

you and I may not fear it but there is no doubt fear is blocking any rational thoughts throughout most of the population.

you are right . in that aspect it is a big deal. my condolences to the survivors of the fallen .

still , in the grand scheme of things , it ain't no thang!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I'll be the first one to say that some states have gone way overboard while others are acting like nothing has happened.

I also agree that there is no need to completely ruin a small business and let mega corporations stay open like nothing is happening. There is a middle ground that needs to be met.

As far as what a individual does, it is up to them. But others need to respect me and what I am doing when I do have to go out to a store or other places. I am in the high risk group due to age and a couple of medical issues and I'll do what it takes to keep from catching it. But I also don't run around screaming that the sky is falling.
I do all the things asked . even though I believe it all to be bowlshart.

I wear my mask. though I don't know why I really need to if you where yours. but I do.
social distance is my go to move anyhow as I find most people just plain nasty.:D
when I do feel sick ,I go out of my way to avoid people and spreading it . have done this my whole life anyhow.
I wash my hands all the time . hell I even over use mouthwash as I figure it can't hurt. I haven't been to a restaurant since February.

I also have zero issues if others wish to do those things.

but thinking I have the right to tell others what they should or shouldn't do is where I draw the line. I do not and neither does anyone else!

Last edited:

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
What drives me crazy about the whole thing is that we know for the most part who this virus kills. All of the money that has been spent for extended unemployment and stimulus could have more than taken care of those who are at the highest risk, provide them with the PPE food whatever they need, isolate them (if that is their wish) but leave the economy going. I know several kids that graduated high school last spring that turned down jobs for the summer because they were somehow eligible for $600 a week from the government. The stats show that these kids are basically at zero risk from Covid. It's not like these kids isolated while not working, they running all over the place and were probably a bigger risk to spreading the virus to the rest of the community than they would have been without the free money.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yeah drives me crazy also! I worked from the time I was a little kid. back then we called it chores and if I didn't do em, I got a wuppin. from the time I was ten I bought almost all off my own cloths and was even helping provide food for the household, through beef and pork that was a perk from the farmer I worked for. I was and am still ,proud of it.

that and the idiots in congress using this as an excuse to pass billion dollar aid packages for other countries. notice how the media reports that trump wants more money for americans but neglect to report that he also said he wants the foreign aid cut. more then anything I am tired of the halftruths and outright lies.
I don't need no steenking government handouts, I only need them to get out of the way.
America first!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I probaby have it and it is no big deal. my buddy went to the er.

so the question to me is: does the micro health over rule the macro freedoms? tough question for a society that in the 90's was no fear in the 2020's it is stay safe.
personally we need to go back to the no fear days.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
What drives me crazy about the whole thing is that we know for the most part who this virus kills. All of the money that has been spent for extended unemployment and stimulus could have more than taken care of those who are at the highest risk, provide them with the PPE food whatever they need, isolate them (if that is their wish) but leave the economy going. I know several kids that graduated high school last spring that turned down jobs for the summer because they were somehow eligible for $600 a week from the government. The stats show that these kids are basically at zero risk from Covid. It's not like these kids isolated while not working, they running all over the place and were probably a bigger risk to spreading the virus to the rest of the community than they would have been without the free money.
The problem with that is that the current administration would have had to give a crap about Americans in general. Knowing that trump was informed about how contagious the virus was so early in the pandemic and he chose to do nothing tells us how little he cares.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The problem with that is that the current administration would have had to give a crap about Americans in general. Knowing that trump was informed about how contagious the virus was so early in the pandemic and he chose to do nothing tells us how little he cares.
this seems a bit unfair to me.

what would you have done ?????????????

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
The problem is that people keep playing politics with this issue and trying to use it for an advantage. You are insane if you think if you think that any politician gives two shits about you.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Do nothing! You mean like shut off travel from China once he heard what was going on? The fact that the liberal Democrats made fun of him and called him names. The same Democrats who say he did nothing? I’m not saying he made all the right choices but he did try to curb this thing early.

Status
Not open for further replies.