How many hunting packs ???

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I have 5, but mainly use my Stone Glacier. I have a Badlands Super Day pack I use for antelope or whitetail.

oldskool67

Sep 6, 2012
Bay Area Ca
Too many. Eberlestock x1, J107M, Tall Mainframe, Little Bigtop, Bigtop. Mystery Ranch NSW military ruck. And a couple of 511 packs I’ve used as assault packs in the military. Now this is over many years so I do t feel too guilty

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
horn hunter full curl that will be given away to family/friends
Sitka mountain hauler that I haven’t even used yet

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
I have a Kuiu Icon Pro 7200, a Kifaru Muskeg 7000 and a Mystery Ranch Beartooth. The Kuiu is a backup, the Kifaru is what I use and I won the Mystery Ranch, which I am wanting to sell.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I have two
Kifaru E&E for light stuff/ stand hunting
Stone Glacier sky 5900 to be my work horse do all pack. It fits me well and time will tell. Picked it up last fall

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I guess i am bad, i have 4 or 5 packs, but i use non hunting buds to help pack. that way my hunting buds don't know my spots.
someplaces you just got to keep to yourself.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I guess i am bad, i have 4 or 5 packs, but i use non hunting buds to help pack. that way my hunting buds don't know my spots.
someplaces you just got to keep to yourself.
Back when I was hunting the areas where you really needed help to get the meat out my hunting buds would usually go in one time and then tell me to forget it. I had one friend who wanted to kill a nice bull elk, when we started out I pointed to a peak in the distance and told him that is where we were going to go. He laughed. A few hours later we were there. Then when I found the elk and showed them to him he laughed again and asked how we were going to get it out of there? I told him that it will be in 6-8 pieces and on our backs, he laughed..

He never shot a elk that trip and he has never gone with me again. His decision not mine since I have invited him quite often

Reactions: RICMIC

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have one decent one and one cheaper one that I use only as a short hike day pack. I am in the market if anyone has one too many that they want to get rid of cheap!

Reactions: Winchester

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Back when I was hunting the areas where you really needed help to get the meat out my hunting buds would usually go in one time and then tell me to forget it. I had one friend who wanted to kill a nice bull elk, when we started out I pointed to a peak in the distance and told him that is where we were going to go. He laughed. A few hours later we were there. Then when I found the elk and showed them to him he laughed again and asked how we were going to get it out of there? I told him that it will be in 6-8 pieces and on our backs, he laughed..

He never shot a elk that trip and he has never gone with me again. His decision not mine since I have invited him quite often
Let me know if the offer is still open for forum buddies..... :cool:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Let me know if the offer is still open for forum buddies..... :cool:
I'm getting too old to go back into those places.

I like shooting elk within 100 yards of a road, but now they have cut the permits down where you need a few points to draw my spot that I can do that at.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Have 2 horn hunters - full size main beam xl and a lumbar pack. (Really like that lumbar pack)
Use cheap kiddie olive green and camo packs for all-day stand hunting.
Use fanny pack for other hunts.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have a small day pack that I sometimes use. I also have my old Kelty pack that I took the pack off and use the frame to pack meat. Most of what I carry goes in my hunting vest with lots of pickets.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
3 is about what I keep on hand at any point. I have friends who can help me any time I need with more should a big packout be required.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
3---- An old Rocky day pack, an old Cabelas Alaskan, and a Blacks Creek lumbar. Anyone looking for a lumbar pack really should check out that Blacks Creek. It is the "Cure"